Sarah (strangerxinside) wrote in _shinedown_,
Sarah
strangerxinside
_shinedown_

• Mood:
  • Music:

Chattanooga review

The show in Chattanooga was fantastic, as are all Shinedown shows I’ve ever been to, I did not walk away disappointed. This was my seventh time seeing them, and the show is never the same. Danielle and I along with her mom drove into Crossville, TN (where we’d be staying) the day before the show to get things ready for the show, considering this was still about two and a half hours from the venue. The next day we made the drive to the venue around noon, and got there around 3:30pm due to the time change, and met up with Jane and Mike basically as soon as we crossed the street from the parking lot. Then we were updated that also Glen and Leesa would be at the show, and after going to eat we all met back up out in front of the arena, and handed things out to pretty much anyone we could for about 45 minutes until they opened doors. We also ended up meeting Chris, Deanna and Brandy before the show got started.

We then went in to find our seats and wait for the show to start. The first band to take the stage in Silvertide’s absence was a band called The Farewell, hailing from Memphis. Not the best opening performance I’ve ever seen, but energetic enough, and they caught the audience’s attention at the end of their set by doing an audience participation cover of “The Wall” so everyone was screaming back to them.
The next band was from Atlanta, and called illBreak. They did a set a little better than the first band, they did a pretty cool cover of “Sober” by Tool, and I liked the vocalist’s voice somewhat, but personally I still would have rather seen Silvertide open the show.

Then, it was time for Shinedown to take the stage. They opened with “Heroes” as they did in Louisville, but true to their nature the show they varied the show. They played “Fly From The Inside“, “Left Out“, “Burning Bright“, “Simple Man“, and “.45” off of Leave A Whisper, and rather than playing the same Us And Them songs, they changed “Yer Majesty” out for “Begin Again”, then “Save Me” and “I Dare You” along with “Heroes”. Even better, this time Brent pulled out the megaphone, which is something I hadn’t seen them do in over a year, to do the part of the song simply known as “the struggle” in “Begin Again”. This for me was the most thrilling part of the show, this was the one song I’d been hoping they’d play since I first heard the album, and had had a dream two nights before that they were indeed going to do it, and they fact that he used the megaphone simply made it ideal for me. And again, Brent had every last person in the arena on their feet before they left the stage. I swear the man believes he’s invincible and doesn’t know the meaning of rest, having just gotten out of the hospital a couple days before, there was no way to tell that he wasn’t in absolute perfect health. Their performance was spot on. We all left the arena before 3 Doors Down took the stage and said our goodnights to all the board members we’d met up with, and actually took off about three songs into their set due to the long drive, but it was all 100% worth it.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment