Drew Wilkie (drewwilkie86) wrote in _sexy_bandgeek,
Drew Wilkie
drewwilkie86
_sexy_bandgeek

• Mood:
  • Music:

Introduction

Hey everyone, first time poster...

My name is Drew Wilkie. I'm a sophmore (18) music education major at Rowan University in Glassboro, NJ. I'm pretty much a lead trumpet whore, as that's all I do at Rowan. I play lead in the jazz band, lead in the pep band, lead in the lab band, principal in the concert band, and I also play with the wind ensemble. I also play Bb and Eb soprano cornet with The Atlantic Brass Band, which competes at the NABBA championships in Chicago each year. In addition, we go on a 10-day tour of Italy every other summer. Also, in 2003, I marched upper lead trumpet with The Cadets drum and bugle corps. I plan on going back when (and if) my schedule slows down, but I've also spent time in the interim as upper lead/solo soprano with The Hawthorne Caballeros drum and bugle corps.

I use a Schilke X3 extra large bore Bb trumpet, Strad 229/25H large bore C trumpet (though I hate Bach instruments, including this one), a Yamaha 8310X custom large bore flugelhorn, and a Kanstul Powerbore soprano bugle in G for senior corps. For legit work, I use a small letters Bach 3C (horrible mouthpiece). For lead (most of my work), I use a GR 63M, which has a 3C cup and a 9C rim. For flugel work, I use a Stork Custom Vacchiano 4FL.

I have a webshots page:

http://community.webshots.com/user/drewwilkie86

If anyone is interested, my girlfriend Stevi (short for Stefani) is the girl in my Rowan University album of my webshots. She's a vocal major, she'll be 20 in October, and she yells at me...oddly enough, I'm crazy about her.

I also have a web page, with some awful but funny soundclips of my boredom and subsequent use of bad double C's.

http://rowanlead.tripod.com

Alrighty, just wanted to introduce myself. Don't be strangers.

AIM: drewwilkie86
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 5 comments