?

No account? Create an account

[icon] We are for the Rights and Welfare of *all* Animals
View:Recent Entries.
View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.

Security:
Subject:Anti-rattlesnake roundup drawing thing I want to do.
Time:01:17 am
Current Mood:contemplativecontemplative

Over the past few days, I've taken up the cause of ending the barbaric events known as "rattlesnake roundups". In these excuses for entertainment, rattlesnakes are driven from their burrows using gasoline, kept with out food and water, tormented, and then brutally slaughtered. I first want to create a poster of sorts that depicts a cute, cartoon rattlesnake saying something like "I'm a living creature too. I feel pain just like you." or "Please stop murdering my friends." and at the botttom it would tell about the horrors of rattlesnake roundups. Sort of like a public service ad. Any ideas on how to get started?

comments: Leave a comment Previous Entry Share Flag Next Entry

cherry001
Link:(Link)
Time:2006-06-13 05:43 am (UTC)
First of all, I want to commend you on taking a stand against rattlesnake roundups; so many people that I know, even those who claim to love all animals, hate snakes because they aren't "cute." Personally, I think they are absoutely beautiful creatures. Anyway, to get started, I would search online for a cartoon picture of a snake looking as cute as can be, to appeal to people like my dear friends, preferably one where the snake's eyes look directly at the person viewing the picture, because that makes a greater impact. Then I would have the words in a thought bubble above it's head, and at the bottom running sort of like a film strip I would put real photos of the horrors of the rattlesnake roundups, really gruesome images so people will really get the message. Then you could add descriptions of the images below each of them, to further explain the action.
(Reply) (Thread)

android_raptor
Time:2006-06-13 07:05 pm (UTC)
Sounds great! But I don't have any image editing software (besides paint); any ideas on where to get some that would make this possible?
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)

cherry001
Time:2006-06-14 05:38 am (UTC)
Hmmm...do you have Microsoft photo editor by chance? You might not, in which case Paint will work, it will just be a very long process. What you do with Paint is you start out with your original cartoon picture, outline and copy it, then open paint again and repaste the picture onto the blank sheet. Then you'll have to do that with each other photo (you'll probaby need to resize them to make them all fit into the filmstrip). To add the text, just go the the ABC button and draw your text box. The text won't look so good, since paint doesn't leave the background behind the text, but rather a plain white space, but it will get the message across all the same.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)

[icon] We are for the Rights and Welfare of *all* Animals
View:Recent Entries.
View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.