Ciarrai (ciarrai) wrote in _quotes_,
Ciarrai
ciarrai
_quotes_

More Quotes

I found a good quote site today so I have a lot of new ones to post.

Creativity arises out of the tension between spontaneity and limitations, the latter (like the river banks) forcing the spontaneity into the various forms which are essential to the work of art or poem.
--Rollo May

A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy, the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born babe, and assures it of a mother's love
--Thomas C. Haliburton

Most people never have the opportunity to see an angel, or simply do not look well enough to see them walking amoung us. this, however does not mean they dont exist. Me, I'm one of the lucky few, not only have I seen an angel, I call her my best friend.
--Lori Corkum

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through tears.
--Unknown

Man makes holy what he believes, as he makes beautiful what he loves.
--Ernest Renan

You are to gather up the joys and sorrows, the struggles, the beauty, love, dreams and hopes of every hour that they may be consecrated at the altar of daily life.
--MacRina Wiederkehr

The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work.
--Emile Zola

I have fallen in love a thousand times in my lifetime. All which have been with books
--Unknown

Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this it the ideal life.
--Mark Twain

The best inheritance a person can give to his children is a few minutes of his time each day
--O. A. Battista

Live as though Christ died yesterday, rose from the grave today, and is coming back tomorrow.
--Theodore Epp

God's answers are wiser than our prayers.
--Unknown

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
--Clive James

"Dream as if you'll live forever... live as if you'll die today."
--James Dean

Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives.
--William Dement

Love is a matter of Chemistry, but sex is a matter of Physics
--Unknown

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
--Albert Einstein

Nine requisites for contented living: Health enough to make work a pleasure. Wealth enough to support your needs. Strength to battle with difficulties and overcome them. Grace enough to confess your sins and forsake them. Patience enough to toil until some good is accomplished. Charity enough to see some good in your neighbor. Love enough to move you to be useful and helpful to others. Faith enough to make real the things of God. Hope enough to remove all anxious fears concerning the future.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.
--St. Thomas Aquinas

If you were somebody else, would you want to be friends with you?
--Unknown

Are we going to be friends forever? Asked Piglet. Even longer, Pooh answered.
--A. A. Milne Winnie the Pooh
Subscribe

• Doctor Zhivago

I just read this in an article on Doctor Zhivago and really had nowhere else to share it but thought it was rather nice... "He isn't daring or…

• 75 Torchwood Season 1 Quote Icons

Preview: ( I believe estate agents pronounce it 'Sploe' )

• (no subject)

"You don't like messy. You don't like feeling bad. So as soon as you could, you just moved on and abandoned me" Pushing Daisies.

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 3 comments