June 28th, 2004

quotes

Dream the dreams that have never been dreamt
-David Bower

To those who can dream there is no such place as faraway
-Anon

I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers
-Kahlil Gibran

Warm weather fosters growth: cold weather destroys it. Thus a man with an unsympathetic temperament has a scant joy: but a man with a warm and friendly heart overflowing blessings, and his beneficence will extend to posterity
-Hung Tzu-Cheng

Care is the ingredient that keeps true friendships alive despite separation, distance, or time. Care gives latitude to another person and gets you past the dislikes and annoyances. Quite simply, caring sustains love.
-Sara Paddison, Hidden Power of the Heart
Varga Girl Versonic

(no subject)

"I hate the thought of him lying with her," I whispered. "I wonder if he calls her sweeting, too?"
"Probably," Anne said bluntly. "Not many men have the wit to vary the tune. But he'll do his duty by her and then look around again, and if you catch his eye and smile then it will be you again."
"How can I smile when my heart is breaking?"
Annd gave a little giggle. "Oh what a tragic queen! You can smile when your heart is breaking because you are a woman..."

-Philippa Gregory's The Other Boleyn Girl
  • Current Music
    "Faultered Ego" On! Air! Library!