February 24th, 2004

Celtic - Claddaugh Ring
  • ciarrai

Einstein Quotes

I have often thought that this great man of science had the soul of a poet philosopher. Here are a few reasons why:

I have deep faith that the principle of the universe will be beautiful and simple.
--Albert Einstein

Joy in looking and comprehending is nature's most beautiful gift.
--Albert Einstein

Teaching should be such that what is offered is perceived as a valuable gift and not as a hard duty
--Albert Einstein

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
--Albert Einstein

I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.
--Albert Einstein

Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.
--Albert Einstein

I want to know God's thoughts...the rest are details.
--Albert Einstein

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
--Albert Einstein

If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
--Albert Einstein

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
--Albert Einstein

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible
--Albert Einstein

When the solution is simple, God is answering.
--Albert Einstein

As punishment for my contempt for authority, Fate has made me an authority myself.
--Albert Einstein

When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein

We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books . It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see a universe marvelously arranges and obeying certain laws, but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations.
--Albert Einstein
Celtic - Claddaugh Ring
  • ciarrai

More Quotes

I found a good quote site today so I have a lot of new ones to post.

Creativity arises out of the tension between spontaneity and limitations, the latter (like the river banks) forcing the spontaneity into the various forms which are essential to the work of art or poem.
--Rollo May

A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy, the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born babe, and assures it of a mother's love
--Thomas C. Haliburton

Most people never have the opportunity to see an angel, or simply do not look well enough to see them walking amoung us. this, however does not mean they dont exist. Me, I'm one of the lucky few, not only have I seen an angel, I call her my best friend.
--Lori Corkum

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through tears.
--Unknown

Man makes holy what he believes, as he makes beautiful what he loves.
--Ernest Renan

You are to gather up the joys and sorrows, the struggles, the beauty, love, dreams and hopes of every hour that they may be consecrated at the altar of daily life.
--MacRina Wiederkehr

The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work.
--Emile Zola

I have fallen in love a thousand times in my lifetime. All which have been with books
--Unknown

Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this it the ideal life.
--Mark Twain

The best inheritance a person can give to his children is a few minutes of his time each day
--O. A. Battista

Live as though Christ died yesterday, rose from the grave today, and is coming back tomorrow.
--Theodore Epp

God's answers are wiser than our prayers.
--Unknown

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
--Clive James

"Dream as if you'll live forever... live as if you'll die today."
--James Dean

Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives.
--William Dement

Love is a matter of Chemistry, but sex is a matter of Physics
--Unknown

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
--Albert Einstein

Nine requisites for contented living: Health enough to make work a pleasure. Wealth enough to support your needs. Strength to battle with difficulties and overcome them. Grace enough to confess your sins and forsake them. Patience enough to toil until some good is accomplished. Charity enough to see some good in your neighbor. Love enough to move you to be useful and helpful to others. Faith enough to make real the things of God. Hope enough to remove all anxious fears concerning the future.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.
--St. Thomas Aquinas

If you were somebody else, would you want to be friends with you?
--Unknown

Are we going to be friends forever? Asked Piglet. Even longer, Pooh answered.
--A. A. Milne Winnie the Pooh
Firefly - Oh Captain

My favorite "Quote" of late...

So, It's a bit longer than a normal quote, but I love it...i'm actually using it as an audition piece coming up here! :)

Have you ever been in love?

Horrible, isn't it?

It makes you so vulnerable.

It opens your chest and opens your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.

You build up all these defenses.

You build up this whole armor, for years, so no one can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life....

You give them a piece of you.

They don't ask for it.

They do something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore.

Love takes hostages.

It gets inside you.

It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so a simple phrase like 'maybe we should just be friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart.

It hurts.

Not just in the mind.

It's a soul hurt, a body hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain.

I hate love.

~ Neil Gaiman

Thanks...
-LaurAnn
  • Current Music
    Yeah Yeah Yeah - Maps
fringe - peter sepia
  • evester

actor quotes

here are some quotes from a few famous actors.

LEELEE SOBIESKI(Joy Ride, The Glass House, etc)
"I'm getting ready for everybody to hate me now. Everyone's been so nice, and so I'm ready for a big bashing. It's will happen sometime soon."

IAN MCKELLEN (The Lord of the Rings, etc)
"When [Fellowship of the Ring] opened, I got an email from my good friend [author] Armistead Maupin, and he wrote, 'Can you believe an openly gay man is on a mug that Burger King is giving out? We've come a long way, baby." So, if Burger King is okay with an openly gay man helping to sell their fries and shakes, is there anything left to be worried about? If millions of Lord of the Rings fans don't mind, I think things can only get better."

UMA THURMAN (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, etc)
(On Sword training) "I think it definitely increased my hand/eye coordination. So, if I couldn't kill you in a sword fight, I could definitely beat you playing one of those really tough videogames."

MICHEAL CAINE (The Statement, Miss Congeniality, etc)
"All movie people are the same. The French are the same, the Italians, the Germans, Vietnamese, they're all the same. Australian. Everyone's the same. They all think the same, they're all put there for the same reason and they all behave the same -- except that in America you don't get a bottle of wime with lunch."

RICHARD HARRIS (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, etc)
"You know how it'll end up, don't you? After a long career, and a couple of Academy Award nominations, and a couple of Golden Globes, and all the things I've done, I'll just end up being remembered as Dumbledore."
(Check out how true this is. Think of any other movies of his that you know. Sad, isn't it.)

WILL FERRELL (Elf, Old School, etc)
"I think I knew I had what it took to be successful in comedy. You just kind of feel it. I either felt it or I had stomack problems I didn't know about."
hugh

Introduction

Hey everyone:

I just joined this community today. I've been reading your quotes for a month or so now, and I love knowing that there are other people that love quotes as much as I do... Just thought I'd introduce myself...

(no subject)

Hey! I just joined this community so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Melissa. I'm 16 years old from New Jersey. My dream is to be a famous singer/songwriter. I've been singing and songwriting since I was 9 years old, and I love it. :-)I've been collecting quotes for some time now. I will post them when I get a chance

You can read my journal - I think its pretty good and I need some comments too lol.