December 28th, 2003

NOTES TO MYSELF -- Hugh Prather

*The rainbow is more beautiful than the pot at the end of it, because the rainbow is now. And the pot never turns out to be quite what I expected.

*A sure way for me to have a disastrous experience is to do something because "it will be good for me."

*What an absurd amount of energy I have been wasting all my life trying to figure out how things "really are," when all the time they weren't.

*The comment, "You're lucky; it could have been worse," is the kind of "helpfulness" I can do without. It also could have been better, or actually, it couldn't have been any other way than the way it was.

*NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IS BETTER THAN NONE. I WOULD RATHER HAVE A MAN HATE ME THAN OVERLOOK ME. AS LONG AS HE HATES ME I MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

(no subject)

I am beginning a diary called 'The Black Book'. In it I am accounting for all heartbreaks throughout my lifetime and I will pass it on in the future when I have a daughter who experiences her first heartbreak.

In other words, I'm having an anti-boys diary that will help me heal :)

I'm looking for any and all quotes on heartbreaks, heartache, bad lessons learned, etc.

Or if you know songs with good heartbreak lyrics in it..

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED :)