October 18th, 2003

promise i won't take too much space

(no subject)

"People don't want their lives fixed. Nobody wants their problems solved. Their dramas. Their distractions. Their stories resolved. Their messes cleaned up. Because what would they have left? Just the big scary unknown."
-Chuck Palahniuk
promise i won't take too much space

(no subject)

"But then they danced down the street like dingledodies, and I shambled after them as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only ones for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candlesticks exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue center light pop and everybody goes "Awww!""

- Kerouac, On the Road
~~~~
"I told her I loved her. It was a lie of course, but the thing is, I meant it when I said it. I'm crazy. I swear to God I am."
- Salinger
~~~~
"If the book we are reading does not wake us, as with a fist hammering on our skulls, then why do we read it? Good God, we also would be happy if we had no books and such books that make us happy we could, if need be, write ourselves. What we must have are those books that come on us like ill fortune, like the death of one we love better than ourselves, like suicide. A book must be an ice axe to break the sea frozen inside us."
- Kafka, The Metamorphosis