Mandi (serenityone) wrote in _proudmomma,
Mandi
serenityone
_proudmomma

MOD POST - Membership Rejection FAQs

This post is to specifically address the frequently asked questions about why your request to join our community was rejected. This is not a complete list, as there are often variables as to why certain individuals aren't accepted, but these are the main guidelines the mods follow when reviewing requests.

It is likely your join request will be rejected if:

• Your journal is less than 6 months old - This helps us weed out most of the fakes.

• You have had your journal for over 6 months, but have made very few entries in it in proportion to how old the journal is - We don't expect you to be attached to the computer 24/7, but if your journal was created in 2001 and only has 150 entries in it, we're going to assume that you don't use LJ very often. We're trying to avoid fakes and trolls, but more importantly we want active members in our community and on LJ in general, since most makers here require that their graphics are used on LJ only and are not taken to other sites like greatestjournal or myspace.

• You have very few friends, or you have lots of friends but are in lots of "add me" communities - Again, we're trying to avoid fakes and trolls. Let your journal mature a while, make some posts, get active, and we'll probably reconsider.

• You have little or no information in your user info, and you have very few public entries of little information - if we can't see who you are and that you're real, we'll pass.

• You have little or no information in your user info, and your journal is locked - if we can't see who you are and that you're real, we'll pass

• You have no personal pictures, icons, graphics, or links listed in your profile - if we can't see that you're actually a real person we usually will not accept your application even if you are compliant with all the other points listed here. This isn't a freebies community, nearly all of the offers are custom made with member's photos - having personal images is important.

• You have information about yourself in your info, but you do not indicate that you are a mother/pregnant/ttc - This community is for those who are actively; mothers, step mothers, trying to conceive, or pregnant only. This community is not for Daddies, Aunts, Cousins, Neighbors, or people planning to start families "down the line" or "one day".

• You have multiple "drama" communities added on your profile page - We don't like drama, we don't tolerate it, and we want to keep it far away from our community.

• You have been caught stealing graphics OR photographs, or you're a member of graphic stealing communities - Our makers don't appreciate making for members who go around stealing others' work.

• You have uncredited graphics in your icons, info, or journal that you did not make - Give credit where credit is due, if someone took the time to make you something, you should have the courtesy to stick their name up.

• You have been previously banned from -proudmomma or one of our affiliates under your current name or a new one - It takes a lot to get banned from here, if you're banned, you're banned for good.

What to do if your request is rejected:

• If your journal is new, you have to wait for the six month mark to pass.
  • Fix any other problems listed above that may prevent you from having your application accepted and then apply again after a week.
  • Contact the mods lola_dark(deannabalestra @ gmail.com) and/or serenityone(serenityone @ livejournal.com). provide your username and let us know about your problem. We'll try to sort it out ASAP.

What NOT to do if your request is rejected:

• Don't go to any maker or mod private journals to ask why. Doing so will get you banned.
  • Do not post comments on the maker's public sample & bio pages in this community. The makers have no control over accepted/rejected requests.
  • Don't post in another community about getting rejected here, that's just annoying.
  • Subscribe

• Bio, examples, etc.

ABOUT ME & CONTACT INFO My name is Holly (obviously), and I'm 21 years old. I'm a mama to River, who was born on the 8th of April,…

• pickups

announcments... please comment, credit and...use somehow (I don't expect invitation styled ones to go into your…

• example page

Quickly nearing 23 Mommy of 2 (Jack and Bren) and expecting another boy 6/08 Have been making graphics for about 5 years Totally fail when it…

Comments for this post were disabled by the author