?

No account? Create an account
Escape is just the beginning.
From Ask Ausiello 
12th-Sep-2007 11:31 am
faith
Question: Regarding your item about Sarah Wayne Callies not returning to Prison Break, Fox put out a statement saying she [Fox said Sara Tancredi, not SWC.] plays a significant part in the storyline this year. So who have I to believe? — Claire

Ausiello: Believe us both 'cause it's all true. I'll have much more to say on this shocking turn of events in the very near future.

Question: Give us some new scoop on Private Practice! — Njdeh

Ausiello: I've seen the first official episode and I'm afraid I have depressing news: It's actually worse than last May's grating backdoor pilot. The only good things I can say about it is that Audra McDonald is a much better fit in the role of Naomi than Merrin Dungey was, and Paul Adelstein* solidified his status as TV's next great leading man. The rest of it is painful beyond belief — and I take no pleasure in saying that. Some shows I love beating up on (see One Tree Hill), but there are far too many talented people involved in PP to get any pleasure out of knocking it. I feel particularly sorry for Amy Brenneman, whose subplot is so shamelessly contrived I wouldn't wish it on William Fichtner my worst enemy. Consider yourself warned.

*We knew him when. And who knew Ausiello and Fichtner were enemies?
Comments 
12th-Sep-2007 03:38 pm (UTC)
saw this on the fox board...

this is sad and intruiging at the same time. makes me wonder how 'near' is that future ?
12th-Sep-2007 03:42 pm (UTC)
I'm guessing Sara Tancredi returns, but SWC doesn't. Other guess is that Sara plays a part offscreen.

I know some will disagree, but I think the role can be successfully recast. Anyone know if PB has put out a casting call for a hot doc? ;-)
12th-Sep-2007 03:45 pm (UTC)
Nick Santora confirmed that they would never recast her character. But I guess the networks can force them into anything :/
12th-Sep-2007 05:32 pm (UTC)
You are not the only one who thinks that. Most ppl I have talked to viewers from the ages of 33 to 46 who aren't internet obsessed keep asking why don't they just recast because it is such a well written character....
12th-Sep-2007 08:21 pm (UTC)
If they were going to recast her, it would of happened already.
12th-Sep-2007 03:55 pm (UTC)
About the Ausiello-Fichtner thing:
Ausiello asked Fichtner some very stupid questions during an interview (If I remember well, season 2 had just begun, and it was during that november hiatus after episode 7, when Mahone kills tweener, but we don't know yet about the company and family thing behind it). He was insisting on the fact that Mahone was some kind of evil, uni-dimensional bad guy, and Fichtner got a little mad, because he knew his character had more to him than meets the eye. So he acted a bit like an ass, but honestly, Ausiello deserved it for his stupid superficial analysis of Fichtner's character...

...Yeah, I am a Fichtner supporter, so maybe my views are not that objective! LOL
12th-Sep-2007 04:47 pm (UTC)
Haha I'm so watching Private Practice just for him! ;__; I just wish it wouldn't suck quite so badly.
12th-Sep-2007 05:13 pm (UTC)
Yeah, it doesn't sound good. I feel sorry for Tim Daly. He hasn't been too successful with his TV shows lately: The Nine, Eyes...
12th-Sep-2007 08:57 pm (UTC)
Tell me about it. I'm watching PP for him and Amy Brenneman =/
This page was loaded Nov 21st 2019, 1:34 pm GMT.