?

No account? Create an account
Escape is just the beginning.
Lane in new TV Guide 
13th-Dec-2006 09:29 am
faith
In next week's TV Guide, there is a one page article and pictures on Lane's accident. In the article, it states that Lane did not have plans to go out that night, but was then invited to the party by the threesome, whom he met at the grocery store. He didn't even know their names and was trying to accommodate his fans (Hey Lane, you accommodate fans by having a picture taken with them and signing an autograph, not by going to party with them.). He didn't know they were minors. He was naive.

Robert Knepper is quoted as saying, "He's [Lane] the best damn kid alive." (As opposed to dead kids?)

Lane is despondent. He dreaded that the parents got a call no parent should get.

It also mentions his troubled upbringing and his living with the Simpsons. He was shooting a feature film at the time of the accident.
Comments 
13th-Dec-2006 02:56 pm (UTC)
Not aimed at you obviously, but I need to rant.

I damn well hate it when the media/his fans go on about his troubled youth as an argument to the fact that he picked up some kids and took them to buy booze whilst drunk.

So fucking what that his mother beat him about, it's really shitty, I know that, BUT what the hell has that got to do with the fact he got into a car drunk? Did his 'troubled upbringing' make him stupid?

[/end rant]

I feel for the guy about his past, I really do, but the facts are he got into a car drunk. Nothing more, nothing less.
13th-Dec-2006 03:29 pm (UTC)
Yes, it was incredibly stupid. You would think that someone who had a less than privileged childhood would be even more careful when he did strike it rich (so to be speak) and not do anything to risk the new lifestyle. Add in filming in a real prison and playing an inmate, and you'd think one would be even less inclined to be stupid. Maybe I'm naive to think this. I hope not.

The article also listed some of the charges he could face--child endangerment, involuntary manslaughter, I think and maybe another one. He should have stayed home that night.
13th-Dec-2006 11:59 pm (UTC)
You know, being nice to fans is one thing, but hanging out with people you met at a grocery store is totally weird. If I met a star, I wouldn't expect them to come hang with me, no matter how cool they thought I was.

And I know teens look way older than they really are these days, but come on. He couldn't tell that they were too young to party with? (Which, by the way, still doesn't excuse the drunk driving.)
14th-Dec-2006 02:27 pm (UTC)
I expect any star I meet to hang with me because I am totally cool!!!!

I think a clue would be the fact that they didn't have transportation. If I, as a star, had accepted their invite, I wouldn't have let them in my car. Besides being totally weird, I don't know these peeps and for all I know they may rob, kill, rape, etc. me.

I think you can also get a clue by how people act. This isn't guaranteed, but might be helpful in some cases.

Regardless, even if these had been his buds and over 21, he should not have driven after drinking. Especially since it seems he has trouble with that vehicle sober.
This page was loaded Nov 18th 2019, 4:34 am GMT.