?

No account? Create an account
Escape is just the beginning.
Break Time: Paul Scheuring 
29th-Nov-2006 10:31 am
faith
BREAK TIME: Paul Scheuring

08:10 AM CST on Monday, November 27, 2006

A Q&A with Paul Scheuring, creator and head writer of Prison Break , which is filming its second season in and around Dallas.

Fox
Q: Any hints about the fall finale?

A: Hmm ... Episode 13 ... Well, obviously I don't want to reveal too much, but I will say that the paradigm does shift. The characters' aims will change – and that's the good characters and the bad characters. And someone will be mortally wounded. But that's really all I can say.

Q: I've read that you might not be involved beyond Season 2 – has that changed?

A: Yeah, the important thing for me was always to keep the show creatively sound, and if we can figure out a way to keep our vision while expanding it, the chances are good that I'll be around.

Q: You came in with Prison Break at the beginning of the serial drama craze. What are your thoughts about the slew of other shows?

A: I'm not a soothsayer, but at the beginning of the season I felt it was oversaturation. All the networks were jumping on the serial drama craze. People have to be committed to the characters, and I think we've got characters with great charisma.

Q: Is there a certain amount of guilt associated with killing off characters?

A: Well, I certainly never want to deprive someone of a paycheck, but with the people we've had on the show, I've never had a doubt that they would go on to more great jobs in TV and film. And to drive the narrative, the stakes have to be high and there have to be losses when they are necessary.

Q: Has the show opened doors for you? What's next?

A: Yeah, definitely. I'm set to direct my first feature film in April. It's a remake of a German film called Das Experiment.

Q: How has filming in Dallas worked out for the show, in your opinion?

A: Initially I was skeptical, but when we started scouting locations, the range of different geographic possibilities was amazing. And also, the people in Dallas are extremely nice – the decorum is high. Most of the writing and post-production is in L.A., so I'm not in Dallas a lot. I try to visit once or twice a month, though. I'll hit places like Ghostbar with the actors, but I feel like I'm getting a little old for that.

Hunter Hauk

Prison Break's "fall finale" airs tonight at 7 on Channel 4. The show will return on Jan. 22.

Comments 
29th-Nov-2006 10:46 pm (UTC)
I posted this the other day! The questions and answers are the same except the first one... it's basically the same, they just tweaked it a bit. :o)
30th-Nov-2006 03:19 pm (UTC)
Sorry. Don't remember seeing it.
30th-Nov-2006 03:20 pm (UTC)
And this is dated November 29, which was yesterday.
1st-Dec-2006 12:27 pm (UTC)
It's dated Nov. 27, silly! It says it right at the top! :o)

Here's the one I postedearlier.

No big deal. :o)
1st-Dec-2006 02:50 pm (UTC)
My bad. I was looking at the date I posted it. Oh well. I don't have an excuse.
1st-Dec-2006 10:36 pm (UTC)
Maybe it's old age. ;o)
2nd-Dec-2006 11:54 pm (UTC)
Oh no you didn't!
29th-Nov-2006 10:47 pm (UTC)
Q: I've read that you might not be involved beyond Season 2 – has that changed?

A: Yeah, the important thing for me was always to keep the show creatively sound, and if we can figure out a way to keep our vision while expanding it, the chances are good that I'll be around.

Well, if he's sure... But that does clear that up, I was wondering whether it was true or not.
30th-Nov-2006 03:18 pm (UTC)
In another interview I read that he will be involved, which is good news.
30th-Nov-2006 09:43 pm (UTC)
Despite the fact that I cannot actually percieve WHERE this'll go, yes it is xD
30th-Nov-2006 01:49 am (UTC)
And someone will be mortally wounded. But that's really all I can say.

Okay, who else, other than Mahone, was wounded or died in The Killing Box? Because mortally wounded means dead. So if it was Mahone, Mahone is dead!
30th-Nov-2006 03:17 pm (UTC)
I know!!!! That's what I thought too. There was Denise, the veteran with the prosthetic hand, the pilot. Anyone else?
30th-Nov-2006 09:10 pm (UTC)
Oh yeah, I forgot about those people... But to me, it seems more like he's referring to a more prominent character. It could just be a trick, though, as usual!
This page was loaded Nov 15th 2019, 3:23 pm GMT.