?

No account? Create an account
Escape is just the beginning.
Prison Break: Season Split-Up 
10th-Nov-2006 07:20 pm
LP: Ned blue
Just like last year, "Prison Break's" season will be split in two. The Futon Critic reports that the Fall "finale" will air on Monday November 27th. The episode title is currently listed as "The Killing Box". The return date is not set at this time. Though I'd expect it to be sometime after "24" gets on its normal schedule.

Last year, from what I heard, this was done because they had to shoot the back half of the season after it did so well. But now this seems to be a trend. "Lost" and "Jericho" are following the same formula. A tactic seen more and more with "serialized" dramas.

I, personally, like this. Sure it can be frustrating to have to wait so long. But consider that most networks will take about six weeks off (from airing new shows) between Thanksgiving and New Year's anyway. Pushing the return dates out to February or March might be a little extreme though.

As for "Prison Break", Fox is in a bind since they are now married to the January start time for "24". So they have to find time to air four hours of that during a week in January, and then drop shows back into place. And Fox seems to be supporting "Justice" as well. So they have "24", "Prison Break", and "Justice" fighting for 2 hours of Monday night real estate. And "24" will no doubt retain its spot. As I recall, the "24"/"Prison Break" combo did pretty well last year.

Get ready for an intense three weeks "Prison Break" fans. That sort-of finale will probably be a doozie.

And to make this clear. Nothing indicates that this is in any way related to any ratings issues. It appears to be a planned hiatus.
source
Comments 
11th-Nov-2006 12:55 am (UTC)
I think I like this hiatus thing too. It's tough, but it's nice having my life back over the Christmas period. I'm a huge fan of making a good thing stretch out and this approach to airing means we new PB episodes year round - instead of in one fell blow (which would also be cool and very intense).
11th-Nov-2006 12:56 am (UTC)
Me too! I start to feel like a slave to the TV after a few months. I like to have a bit of time to breathe! :o)
11th-Nov-2006 12:56 am (UTC)
Does anybody have time machine?
11th-Nov-2006 12:57 am (UTC)
Mine's in the shop; sorry.
11th-Nov-2006 01:16 am (UTC)
It's cool. It'll give me a breather till it all starts again. 24 and PB are the only shows I really watch, so i'm just gonna be stuck to my computer when they're both on.
13th-Nov-2006 01:32 pm (UTC) - Justice has been benched
[11.10.06 - 12:51 PM]
FOX PUTS 'JUSTICE' ON THE BENCH
By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX has confirmed its latest wave of scheduling changes as "Justice" has been pulled for the remainder of its November sweeps period.

Repeats of "House" will fill the Monday, 9:00/8:00c hour effective immediately ("All In" on November 13, "Forever" on November 20 and the previously announced "Meaning" on November 27).

The show's most-recent airing averaged a distant fourth place among adults 18-49 (a 1.9 rating according to preliminary Nielsen data, barely half of its "Prison Break" lead-in's 3.5 rating) making the development not much of a surprise.

"Justice" then is expected to rejoin the schedule in December however no firm dates were given. The network previously announced its "2006 Billboard Music Awards" coverage for December 4, meaning the earliest "Justice" could return - barring a time slot change - is December 11.

Note: FOX's original scheduling notice incorrectly listed "All In" airing on November 20 and "Forever" on November 13. The story has since been changed to reflect this revision.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wish they'd left Vanished after PB. I think Vanished was doing better than this.

13th-Nov-2006 01:32 pm (UTC)
Why is everything posting in italics?
14th-Nov-2006 12:18 pm (UTC)
I don't see anything in italics. Maybe you've got a special computer. :o)
This page was loaded Nov 12th 2019, 1:17 am GMT.