?

No account? Create an account
Escape is just the beginning.
"Dead Fall" Discussion 
24th-Oct-2006 08:08 am
LP: Ned blue
Reminder: the AmEx preview can be seen here. Use Fat Joe and 1-800-528-4800 as your ticket in. :o)

Once again I've got a few things I want to mull over. And, like normal, I think better with your help. :o)

Let's see ...
I totally knew Sucre and Mike were working together; Sucre would never do that to Michael, he seems to be the first person to have ever been a real friend to Sucre.

C-Note and T-Bag were great in the beginning! You could totally see the devastation in their eyes. And even though T-Bag was faking, he was amazing at it! Best line from T-Bag? "Thought you was compadres, Tattoo."

My next T-Bag thought? Genius! And I'm glad he's going to find his former girlfriend - Is her name Susan? I forget. It's totally within his character and I think I would have been a little sad without it. But you'd think she would have moved by now. I know that if my serial killer ex had threatened to kill me and knew exactly where I lived, I would have left town.

Back to Sucre, though. My first reaction to his being stuck in the water was sheer disgust. All I kept thinking was that his feet would be all pruny. And I despise pruny appendages. :o) But I loved the Mike-Sucre dynamic. They're great together. In fact, if it doesn't work out with Maricruz and Sara, maybe the boys should think about hooking up.

Now Michael's use of a branch to try and lift a huge log? Ingenious! (yeah, that was sarcasm, sorry) And I live near a few dams, and I've never heard those noises. This one signals the locks are being opened? Psh. I'd have no idea.

Michael's dramatic jump off the bank to save Sucre? No more stunts, please. BTW, the amount of time Sucre had been underwater was far too long for him to be able to free himself. He would have been unconscious or choking at the time. But this is PB, and I'll ignore that little bit. :o)

How could Michael and Sucre get cars with no insurance or registrations? I know in NY you need both to be able to take a car off a lot. But again, it's PB.

And Sara? What a bad-ass! She was awesome in the beginning. Any disagree that the man who came to kill her was the same guy who bagged Veronica?
It's starting to look like nobody is on Sara's side... driving her right to Michael. Yay!

Once again: How to Kellerman and Mahone know about the birds? The origami stayed between Michael and Linc and Michael and Sara. Michael wasn't going around flaunting his paper-folding skills to people. He gave one to Abruzzi, but I doubt he gave it to the government. Did he?

Jeanette killed me with her descriptions: "the Spaniard," "the pretty one," "the black fella" and "that dirty Southerner."

Crap. Mahone's got the government on his side. And what's this "They all die" stuff? And he needs a haircut.

So? What do you have? I know you've got to disagree with me somewhere. Heck, I didn't even mention LJ and Linc.

PS I told you that Maricruz would be back. Even before the recasting of her part, I said she'd return. :o)
Comments 
24th-Oct-2006 01:02 pm (UTC)
Ah im so glad PB is back!
I can't wait for T-bag to find Susan Hollander. in town for romance huh.
I don't like the fact that the Sucre and Michael were stuck there for most of the episode..i wish they had more action.

Yay for Sara!
Kellerman knows about the origami because he found it in Sara's house and just 'figured' it was from Michael.
So now we know Mahone is working for The Company but i think it still doesnt explain his psycho obsessiveness with Michael.
I guess every one of the escapees is expendable to The Company.
I wonder who's next. Will anyone make it back to jail?
I hope they cut off C-note soon..never liked him..he keeps butting in on everyone's business. Glad he didn't get a penny.
24th-Oct-2006 02:50 pm (UTC)
So now we know Mahone is working for The Company but i think it still doesnt explain his psycho obsessiveness with Michael.

Yeah... what's the deal with that?!

Will anyone make it back to jail?

It's not looking too promising, is it? Then again, I don't really want any of them to end up back there. I like them on the loose! :o)
24th-Oct-2006 01:27 pm (UTC)
In fact, if it doesn't work out with Maricruz and Sara, maybe the boys should think about hooking up.

they are totally otp. :)

this was such a good episode, but i have to admit... my favorite parts were with sara and kellerman. they finally start showing sara really kicking ass/fighting to figure things out... not just floating around. i *loved* the scene with her trying to figure out the cranes and then kellerman and his computer geek doing it.

and kellerman. he's such a bastard. honestly. but he's so good at it. the whole time he was taunting mahone, all i could do was grin, mainly because i hate mahone. and the whole mahone working for the Company... i did not see that one coming. i don't know why, but i looked at them as two separate enemies to the boys... guess i should have known, them both being government and all. but it was till really exciting.

oh, and linc paying someone to beat up LJ. *grin* very amusing. i guess it's proof that michael isn't the only one with well thought-out plans, hmm?

this was such a good episode. i can't wait for next week. (and now i'm going to rush off and watch the AmEx stuff) ^__^
24th-Oct-2006 02:55 pm (UTC)
and the whole mahone working for the Company... i did not see that one coming.

I gave it a brief though, but then I just figured that wouldn't work. And then boom! they're in that car together. Jeez.

oh, and linc paying someone to beat up LJ. *grin* very amusing. i guess it's proof that michael isn't the only one with well thought-out plans, hmm?

Loved that part! I wouldn't have thought of that at all. Actually, it looked like Linc was jumping up to save LJ, not to go get the car. He's a smart cookie, that Lincoln!

loved* the scene with her trying to figure out the cranes

I totally agree. She was really into it. And she was just as fast as the computer geek. :o)
24th-Oct-2006 04:11 pm (UTC)
They're shooting the Chicago scenes in Dallas and just 'establishing' it as Chicago with the aerial shots. How do I know this? Because in the preview, Kellerman is first standing in front of the Republic National Bank building in downtown Dallas. It's the one with the silver X stars on the outside of the building.

When he and the camera move away to a different position and angle, you can see the building where I worked in my first law office. It's at 1700 Pacific if anyone cares.

I could not tell at all where the scene with shooting the poor woman at the phone booth, or where Sara was hiding, were shot. Alas.

The soonest I'm probably going to be able to get back to Dallas is probably late next spring, and they won't be shooting then, and therefore, I am bitter.
24th-Oct-2006 08:21 pm (UTC)
You really should go back, even if it's just for a visit. I can tell how mad you are everytime Texas is brought up in relation to PB. I would be mad too if I left my town and my favorite show started filming there.
24th-Oct-2006 04:17 pm (UTC)
Also, how much did I love Lincoln and LJ's talk about girls? So much.

LJ's a little Playa', just like his Daddy.

Lincoln said he'd been in prison for 4 years for the shooting, and until recently they've been estranged, so he had to have missed some growing up man-to-man talks with LJ.
24th-Oct-2006 08:04 pm (UTC)
LJ's a little Playa', just like his Daddy.

True dat.
I'm glad they still get along, too. They could have played out the relationship totally different, with LJ resenting his father. I like it better this way.
24th-Oct-2006 04:48 pm (UTC)
The guy trying to kill Sara: Totally shot and killed V and then chopped her into tiny pieces. I'm positive it's the same guy. Made his way out from Montana. Is his job to kill the women?
24th-Oct-2006 08:18 pm (UTC)
The second I saw him I knew it was him. What a job. Hope he doesn't have to go in for career day at his kid's school.

"My daddy chops women up for a living!"
24th-Oct-2006 05:35 pm (UTC)
I don't like that before Scheuring or Adelstein or someone similar said that Mahone would be on the level and not involved in the Company. Well, he is not on the level and he is involved in the Company. What happened????

Why didn't Jeannette show the C-Note to the police? And didn't her daughter, a police officer, see T slip the Benjamin into her mom's cleavage? If so, she would certainly have mentioned it in her statement. And hello, fingerprints!!!

Sara didn't catch on that Bruce was in on it after she saw her twin gunned down? C'mon Sara, I know you're stressed, but c'mon!

Glad that Sucre and Mike are still buds. Yes, liked Jeannette referring to Mike as the "pretty one." But how did she know Linc had skeddadled earlier? For all she knew, he was still digging with the others.

I didn't see the very beginning, but I taped it so I'll see it when I watch it. Guess that's when LJ and Linc had a converse about girls.

Totally sucks that Paul got the last crane. What's Sara going to do?

I hope they look deeper into Mahone. Looking forward to Mike calling his nemesis next week.

Why do they all have to die? Did "they" refer to all the escaped inmates or just Mike, LJ, Linc, and Sara?

LJ paid someone to beat up his son. What's next? Is he going to buy him a hooker? Okay, I know it was so he could get to him, but there wasn't any other way.

And I despise pruny appendages.
I'm not even going to go there!

Maybe Mike paid the car salesman enough money to overlook the fact that he doesn't have a license or insurance.

Kind of disappointed that Sucre won't be heading south with the brothers.

I think Sucre is part fish to have been able to be underwater that long and not have passed out.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

24th-Oct-2006 05:36 pm (UTC)
Also liked my man Brad calling his elderly mom in Illinois and asking her to come to Wyoming to pick him and his buddy up. Now that's a son!

He sure pocketed that $100 quickly didn't he. I hope he doesn't blow it on booze and broads.

24th-Oct-2006 08:15 pm (UTC)
I hope he doesn't blow it on booze and broads.

He wouldn't dare! Now milkshakes are a totally different matter...
(Deleted comment)
24th-Oct-2006 08:16 pm (UTC)
I knew what you meant. ;o)
24th-Oct-2006 05:38 pm (UTC)
oops, that should be Linc paid someone to beat up his son. What's next? Is he going to buy him a hooker? Okay, I know it was so he could get to him, but there wasn't any other way?
24th-Oct-2006 06:46 pm (UTC)
Jeanette knew Linc left because he came in and asked for her car keys. Then, vroom, vroom, revved the engine and took off.

I love the part fish Sucre theory...that's hilarious! :)

I'm sure *they* refers to anyone tied to Burrows and Scofield, escape partners, love interests and children. All dead.
24th-Oct-2006 06:50 pm (UTC)
I forgot about Linc asking for her keys. That was three weeks ago. Thanks for reminding me.
24th-Oct-2006 08:28 pm (UTC)
I'm sure *they* refers to anyone tied to Burrows and Scofield, escape partners, love interests and children. All dead.

That's what I was thinking. Kellerman almost looked like he was saying "Yeah, okay, buddy" after Mahone said that. He repeated him, but he didn't seem to be sincere. At least that's how I saw it.
24th-Oct-2006 08:47 pm (UTC)
Kellerman might have the manner of a less-than-serious guy, but I'm guessing that as far as The Company/President Reynolds is concerned anyone who could possibly know the secrets of the conspiracy is as good as dead. For Kellerman personally, anyone who gets in his way is expendable, but not too quickly. He wants to use everyone to the best of his ability prior to their death, so that's why he was upset that they would off Sara before he was through with her. And as a bonus, Kellerman wants to be the one to pull this all off, because he's getting the shaft from Caroline right now. He'll do whatever it takes, and using someone else to get it done is just as easy. Getting someone to do it that takes orders only from HIM is the his most important perogitive.
24th-Oct-2006 10:22 pm (UTC)
I don't know. I'm not sure that everyone has to die in the eyes of the Company. Only those close to Lincoln and Michael. What threat to the president do T-Bag and C-Note pose?

I didn't mean to imply that Kellerman was anything but serious, I was just saying that he didn't seem to agree with Mahone on that particular point. :o)
24th-Oct-2006 11:30 pm (UTC)
I think The Company will assume anyone who had contact with Lincoln/Michael will have some tie to the truth. I mean they offed Governor Tancredi for READING Lincoln's file. Doesn't take much. That's my assumption--better to kill them all than take a chance that they don't know anything. We're the only ones who know that T-Bag and C-Note horned their way into the escape. For all The Company knows, they could have been part of the plan too.
24th-Oct-2006 08:14 pm (UTC)
You thought of a lot! I love when we work together. :o)

I guess with the Jeanette's boob money there was no real reason to fingerprint it. They knew that it was the Fox River guys, all she had to do was explain which one and they'd know it was Teddy. He's committed so many crimes they've probably got 10 sets of prints from him.

Mike will be paying a visit to someone close to Mahone. That's how he gets the phone number. There's gonna be some investigating. :o)

And yeah, the whole "I'll be at this pay phone" and then the girl gets killed right there. How much more clear could it be, Sara?! I thought she understood what was going on and was going to switch wallets with the girl, thereby making Sara Tancredi dead, but then she made that stupid phone call. Lets hope she at least had the brains to steal the wallet. Passing herself off as Kelly will buy her a little bit of time.
24th-Oct-2006 08:25 pm (UTC)
Sara made the first phone call to Bruce telling him where she was, but then he called her on her cell after the girl had been shot. But she stupidly answered it. She did take the wallet. I wondered if she was going to leave her id behind to make it look like the body was her, but I guess she didn't.

We can only hope that Mike calls her (but she dumped her phone battery) or sends her smoke signals or something so she knows which hotel they're supposed to meet in. I guess he hasn't heard about her father's "suicide." If he does, he's smart enough to figure out that Sara's in danger. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid like go back to Illinois for her.

Even if they think Teddy is the one who slipped the hundred, any reasonable police agency, and here the FBI is involved, would fingerprint it just the same AND check serial numbers against the money D.B. Cooper took.

T must have been locked up a long time if he thinks $100 will pay for the repairs to J's garage.
This page was loaded Nov 14th 2019, 11:09 am GMT.