?

No account? Create an account
Escape is just the beginning.
Exclusive! Prison Break Star Quits! 
28th-Sep-2006 06:12 pm
LP: Ned blue

Oh. did I scare you with that headline? :o) This is an add-on to what moposh posted yesterday. But now it's official.

Prison Break is going through Maricruzes like I go through cases of Diet Raspberry Snapple! As I teased in this week's Ask Ausiello, PB producers have recast the role of Sucre's romantically-conflicted girlfriend for the second time in a year. Six Feet Under alum Melissa Marsala has been tapped as Maricruz No. 3, replacing Maricruz No. 2, Camille Guaty, who escaped to star on ABC's The Nine. Considering that Maricruz No. 1, Nadine Velazquez, split for a regular role on My Name is Earl, it's probably a safe bet that a big network show is in Marsala's future. (I hereby nominate J.Lo for Maricruz No. 4!) In the meantime, look for M 3 to debut shortly after PB makes its post-World Series return on Oct. 23. Frakkin' baseball.

This is our new Maricruz.
Comments 
28th-Sep-2006 10:16 pm (UTC)
I didn't even notice the first change of cast....
28th-Sep-2006 10:20 pm (UTC)
I don't think Nadine was ever on the air. She decided to do "My Name Is Earl" and I think the pilot was then re-shot with Camille.

But I could be wrong. :o) I know I only remember Camille as Maricruz.
28th-Sep-2006 10:30 pm (UTC)
I think you're right.

I'll miss Camille. She was a sweet Maricruz.
28th-Sep-2006 10:35 pm (UTC)
She was! And she's so cute, too.
Here's a shot of the new girl. She's cute too, but I prefer Camille just because she's the Maricruz I know and love. :o)

This is Melissa Marsala.
28th-Sep-2006 10:42 pm (UTC)
Okay, SHE is not Maricruz, sorry. I mean, I think it's going to be tough imagining her as Maricruz when we had Camille before...
28th-Sep-2006 10:38 pm (UTC)
Actually I believe Nadine was in the pilot because I remember watching it and saying "Hey that's the chick from My Name is Earl". I downloaded that from bittorrent, but when I downloaded the Pilot from iTunes it was Camille. So I think they re-shot the pilot because I definatly remember seeing her. I thought maybe I was imagining things but this proves that I was infact not going crazy lol
28th-Sep-2006 10:44 pm (UTC)
Did they not air the Nadine one but it somehow made it online?
I've seen all the eps when they were on TV, but I don't remember Nadine at all. Then again, I've got the worst memory. ;o)
Camille's the one on the DVD set, though.
29th-Sep-2006 12:22 am (UTC)
Interesting. Besides bittorrent, is there a way you can download the original pilot episode? Thanks.
29th-Sep-2006 12:21 pm (UTC)
Camille was the Maricruz in the pilot. If the other chick was cast, either they reshot the Maricruz stuff or she never shot anything to begin with.
28th-Sep-2006 10:32 pm (UTC)
omg.. thanks you scared the hell out of me with that title. I was afraid it was going to be someone I would be crying over if they quit.
28th-Sep-2006 10:36 pm (UTC)
I was worried when I saw the headline, so had to do the same thing to everyone else. :o)
28th-Sep-2006 11:24 pm (UTC)
I freaked there, thinking a main (as in the 7 or the FBI etc), lmao. I never noticed any different Maricruz's. xD
29th-Sep-2006 12:15 am (UTC)
I freaked out... hehe. Good to see we won't be losing Mikey or Linc any time soon :)
29th-Sep-2006 05:54 am (UTC)
I never saw Maricruz #1. The Pilot I saw had Camille Guaty as Maricruz. I could be wrong, but I'm under the impression that there's 2 versions of the Pilot episode. One version has Nadine as Maricruz, and the birthdate in Michael Scofield's file was removed (the one that indicates that he was born in 1978). Then the other version, which is the one I saw, has Camille as Maricruz and also has Michael's birthdate.

Anyway, I'll miss Camille. She and Amaury made a good TV couple.
29th-Sep-2006 11:03 am (UTC)
I could be wrong, but I'm under the impression that there's 2 versions of the Pilot episode.

That's what I thought, too.
29th-Sep-2006 10:29 pm (UTC)
Did they do what a lot of other shows have done in the past, where there is an unaired pilot which they send to the networks, and then reshoot various scenes if there are cast/editing changes to be made?

I know that kind of thing has happened with Smallville (reshooting scenes when Anette O'Toole was cast) and Buffy (to make it a LOT less ghetto...), among many others.
29th-Sep-2006 06:55 am (UTC)
I dont likey the new Maricruz. She's too.. old looking :(

Anyways, this title freaked me out- MAN. I thought someone important quit. o__O
29th-Sep-2006 11:01 am (UTC)
She's okay... but I guess I'll have to see her in action.
29th-Sep-2006 12:25 pm (UTC)
More Melissa

It's tough when there's a recast of a character and actor/actress we love. On Days of Our Lives, they recast Shawn and yesterday was the first day the nuShawn aired and I don't like him!!!!

I'm hoping to like Melissa as Maricruz because I liked Camille's Maricruz. However, if I don't like her, then it will be easier to see Maricruz and Hector together.
29th-Sep-2006 12:36 pm (UTC)
You know, even though we really haven't seen a lot of him, I hate the new Steadman. He's an actor I've seen a lot before and he's always driven me nuts! So I know exactly what you mean. :o)
29th-Sep-2006 10:32 pm (UTC)
They RECAST Shawn? I don't believe it. I mean, it was bound to happen eventually, but this is a loss like that of Jensen Ackles/Eric Brady.

::siiigh:: I miss my daytime TV.

--returns to prison break--
2nd-Oct-2006 12:11 am (UTC)
Well, they can't had to. Jason Cook quit. The nuShawn has the wrong look. My friend doesn't like him either. Sometimes I like the recast better than the original (like with the current Belle) and sometimes the recast totally sucks (like with this nuShawn).

Notice Eric Brady has not been recast.
29th-Sep-2006 12:28 pm (UTC)
So this means she's coming back? Man, I was really happy when she got married, cause I thought we wouldn't be seeing anymore of her. I like Camille, but Maricruz bores me/drives me crazy.

And as for 2 pilots, could the one with Nadine be one they showed to the network? Then they recast her before they went on air. I'm just thinking of how Buffy has two pilots- one that aired, and one that went to the network beforehand to sell the show. Could have happened with Prison Break.
29th-Sep-2006 12:35 pm (UTC)
I kept telling everyone that she'd be back, but nobody listens to me!
I even tried to bet evolutionsgirl a dollar, but she wasn't having any of it. ;o)
2nd-Oct-2006 12:24 am (UTC)
I knew she'd be back. She's the whole reason Sucre escaped. It's a no brainer she'd return.
2nd-Oct-2006 11:29 am (UTC)
At least someone agreed with me! :o)
2nd-Oct-2006 12:14 am (UTC)
Since the pilot was filmed in December 2004, it's quite possible that Nadine was in the original pilot and then when she got Earl last season, Maricruz's part was reshot with Camille when the show started filming in June 2005.
This page was loaded Nov 18th 2019, 11:17 am GMT.