Amanda (miss_mandy) wrote in _prisonbreak,
Amanda
miss_mandy
_prisonbreak

x-posted

Something a little different. I don't know how I feel about this one yet, but I find it kind of pretty. Not as dark as my other ones either.

Title: River Dreams
Author: miss_mandy
Pairings: None. But it features River Tam, Michael, T-bag.
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: Smidge of violence
Author's Notes: This is a crossover between Serenity and Prison Break. River is dreaming of the PB boys. I don't think you have to have seen the movie or show to know what's going on, but if you have it makes even more sense.

The floor was so cold. River walked slowly along its cool surface, her bare feet carefully stepping over bodies. There were so many of them, all sprawled out, their eyes closed. They looked peaceful, like they had just fallen asleep. All but one. River walked towards him, her skirt swishing behind her. He was covered in blood, it was so bright. His eyes were wide in horror and staring open, his mouth frozen in a scream. River closed her eyes and stepped over him.
“Go to sleep,” she whispered, “Sleep now like the others.”
She didn’t look back, she had to keep going. She walked up the stairs, the railing decorated with toilet paper. She was searching for someone, only she didn’t know who. She walked along the cells, each one empty, their prisoners lying on the floor below. She stopped when she had made it halfway and looked into one. There he was asleep on his bunk, his chest rising and falling, letting River know that he was alive. His body was covered in tattoos that told a story. She wanted to touch them, wanted to let her hands read what was written. She wanted to know the ending. Hesitantly, she walked into the cell, careful not to wake this beautiful sleeper. She knew she shouldn’t, but she couldn’t resist. Slowly she reached a hand out and as her fingertips brushed his skin she whispered, “Michael Scofield.”

River awoke with a start, her hand tingling. She had seen the story, she knew what would happen. Only for now she didn’t know what it meant. Who was this man? And why couldn’t she get those tattoos out of her head?

Michael woke up suddenly, looking around. He could have sworn that someone was standing over him, but there was no one there. The snores he heard from above indicated that Sucre was sleeping. And besides he was sure it had been a girl. A girl with long dark hair and sad eyes. She had touched him, he had felt it. And she had whispered his name. He wanted to know who she was. And why he had been dreaming about her.

River was in a field. It was dark out and the wind was making her chilly. She stepped through the grass, her combat boots crunching on the dirt and something flashed in front of her. It was too quick to see, but she felt it. Rage. The feeling was so intense it made her stagger back and she had to catch her breath. Feeling dizzy, she made her way across the field, heading towards the woods. That’s when she heard the screams. She felt afraid now, she didn’t want to be here. Something wasn’t right about it. The field had seemed so nice and innocent at first, but now it was distorted. It looked horrible and she felt the fear rising in her, mixing in with the anger.
“Don’t make a sound now little darlin’,” someone said and River flailed her arm out, trying to hit the person.
She wanted to leave. Now. She ran, trying to escape, but no matter which way she went she always ended up back at the woods. She couldn’t get away. The rage flashed in front of her again and this time she saw a face. A man. And suddenly she was on her back, someone looming over her. His hands were around her throat and River sputtered and choked, trying in vain to pull them off her.
“You just be quiet now,” he said and then he leaned down to bite her shoulder.

“River? River! River, wake up!”
River screamed and jumped out of the co-pilot’s chair she had fallen asleep in. She flew across the room and slumped against the wall, then sunk down to the ground, tears streaming down her face, muttering prayers in Chinese.
“River, what’s wrong?”
It was Simon. He was holding her, trying to calm her.
“It was just a dream,” he said, “It wasn’t real.”
“So much anger,” River cried, “It was him. He killed all of them! He made them sleep. Oh God…”
Simon hugged her. “It’s okay now. It’s not real.”
“No,” River said, “It is. I saw him. Simon, they’re all real. I was in his head.”
“What do you mean?”
River frowned. “I don’t know,” she said and began to cry.
She knew that this other man had something to do with the tattooed one, but she didn’t know what. She didn’t know what was so important about the two. And she didn’t know if she wanted to.

T-bag woke up suddenly, causing Seth to stir. He had been dreaming. It had started out the same as the others, he had dreamt about one of his victims. Miranda, a favourite of his. Only it had ended different. Miranda had turned into another girl, one he had never seen before. A young girl with long wavy brown hair and big brown eyes. She had been beautiful, a little older than he usually liked them, but pretty nonetheless. And as he thought about this new girl he swore he could taste blood on his tongue.

“Here, you should come get something to eat,” Simon said, pulling River up, “Breakfast will make you forget all about bad dreams.”
River nodded and followed him to the kitchen. And as she stepped onto the bridge she held a hand against her shoulder, covering up the bite mark on her skin.

I promise more slash, less arty-ness next time. I just love River so much and this crossover has been kicking around in my head for days.
Tags: fanfic, michael scofield, t-bag
Subscribe

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 3 comments