Interviews with Marshall, Muse, Rockmond, and Lane 
13th-Apr-2006 02:07 pm
faith
All from "The Starry Constellation Magazine"

MARSHALL ALLMAN
MAKING A BREAK FOR IT
by: Lisa Steinberg
11/16/2005 10:01:55 AM

Q. What are some of the current projects that you are working on?

A. Right now what I’m working on is that I am on the board of a theater called The Sherry Theater. It’s a brand new theater that we’re opening. Right now I’m co-writing a play for the opening of the theater called "Devil’s Night." I’m co-writing it with my friend Scott Haze and the play will be starring Jamie Brown. Then, I also just did two episodes of "The Twilight Zone" radio drama. They were the most fun thing that I’ve done in a long time. You get to go to a recording studio and do scenes and act and they just record the voices. It was super fun and the producer was really great and he brought me on to do that. Pretty much other than that I don’t think I am a big enough name yet to be getting super offers. So, the offers haven’t been rolling in yet for feature films. I have been preparing to audition for a project with Paul Thomas Anderson that I think Daniel Day Lewis is trying out for. I am really going after that and I really want that project.

Q. On the show "Prison Break" you play "L.J." What made you want to be a part of this show?

A. Number one is that it is the only project that I got hired for and number two it’s a total blessing because as far as television goes it’s pretty much the best gig you can have in town. Because, it’s on location at an amazing set, it’s not on some boring lot where you show up every day and you eat donuts, say hello to the guard and just take your seat in your chair. This is where you show up to the prison and I’m running around downtown Chicago. I’m doing all kinds of crazy stuff and I’m getting to do real acting with other actors who want to act and be real strong. People are watching it, if ten people watched it instead it would be such a miracle. Obviously, with the response to the show, it is way beyond what I could ever have imagined. I have never been a part of something like this, to tell you the truth; I am not even trying to look out for number one. I’m just enjoying the ride because it’s honestly so cool.

Q. "Prison Break" is such a dramatic show. How do you prepare for such heightened scenes?

A. Well, that goes down to my training and I have to give that one up to Playhouse West where I trained. My teacher Robert Carnage, I give that all up to Playhouse West in Los Angeles. Pretty much what we do is we trained for this stuff, I’ve been training for this stuff for almost a couple of years now. So, when it comes down to this dramatic stuff, this is where I practiced and played all day. I’m loving it, it’s very rare that an actor gets to play in something with such heightened circumstances of this drama. I love it, it’s just all of the editors and producers on the show, they always pick my least dramatic take. Nowadays, it is totally on another level and when I do the scenes I bring it like crazy. I bring like a ten and usually they edit to me, what would be on my standards, would be an eight. It’s real cool, it’s awesome, it’s crazy because I get to go blow it out the window, and I get to go blow the roof off of the joint. Then they pick and get what they want out of it. For me, every time I go to work it’s like a lesson in acting, it’s amazing.

Q. How has it been getting to work opposite such well-known and talented actors like Robin Tunney and Dominic Purcell?

A. It’s been the best, like I said it’s just been a learning experience. I’ve been getting to act with people that care about acting and that want to act and react. Not just read their lines, and some of the people on the show it’s just astounding that I’m on the same project as them. I get to talk to them, hang out with them, and it’s incredible. You watch their takes and you watch their stuff and seeing how it comes across on screen and it just works so well and they are such seasoned actors.

Q. Do you have a most memorable moment from filming "Prison Break"?

A. Yeah I do, I really liked the episode that aired the other night, when I got to be in the car and the window got shot out. I really love all of the physical stuff of the show because I’m a young guy and I want to be rambunctious and I want to be out there. I love all of the action and the chasing and when I got to be barefoot in downtown Chicago. I remember when I did the shot where I am on the phone in some alley and I hang up the phone and I start running down the alley. They stopped the scene right there and I kept running down the alley and I got to the street and I looked around the edge of the building and I saw a cop. I just bolted away from the cop and he was like, "what the heck?" He started to say something and they were like "no, he’s on ‘Prison Break,’ it’s not real." He saw this kid barefoot and running away from him so that was really cool. Then just hanging out with the cast is really great. There have been so many great moments; it’s at the point where it’s like I’ve been in this a lot. I really like the scene that I had with my dad that was in the second episode that aired. It would be the third episode to air, not the pilot. When I put my hand on the window, that was a great scene, I really like that moment. My favorite moment is actually when I got to do the scene with my step-dad and my mom. Her name is Jessalyn Gilsig and Phil Smith, we did that scene together, it was a fight scene, it was so awesome. Because, we all just got to get into the scene and the way we did the scene in rehearsal and then they mapped out how they wanted it. It was very in the moment, it was a great adrenaline rush scene. It was really, really cool, as far as it goes I love every single moment. As an actor I love every single moment and bringing it on screen. All of them are priceless.

Q. What do you think it is about "Prison Break" that has hooked so many viewers?

A. Because, it’s just a high adrenaline drama and you let one into your system and there is nothing else on its level. So, it’s like you’ve gotta get that pump, it’s so over the top big drama. With everything else on television, it’s like once you watch one; all of the shows seem easy. It’s also so real; it’s so real and so unbelievable. Like, it’s so believable but it’s unbelievable. When you watch it, it’s so believable. But, when you step back and go "what are they doing?" It’s like, that would never happen. That’s the whole reason why you make a television show. You want to see people go through something that is of astronomical proportions. You don’t want to watch some guy read the newspaper every morning. You want to watch him read the newspaper every morning while he’s digging earth. I think that a lot of television shows have gone back to branching themselves and showing a lot of nuisances. I think people are getting tired of that and want to see something totally fantastical, total fantasy. Yet, painted in a way that is so believable.

Q. You’re also in the film Sweet Pea. What can you tell us about the premise of the film and your character Ricky?

A. That film is actually a short film that I did. That’s the first film that I ever have done. It’s so interesting that you bring that film up. Yeah, I did that way, way back. I did not expect you to ask me about that, that film was directed and written by Traci Lords, she is wonderful to work with. The experience was pretty intense and to me it’s a real story. When you do a real story it’s kind of like you do the best you can. I play a boyfriend who is kind of caught up in all of the wrong things. Even though I love my girlfriend I am more addicted to sex. When the girlfriend is not comfortable and doesn’t want to go there, the guy gets angry and he lashes out. He has sex with her against her will, and so it’s like just because you have a boyfriend doesn’t mean you can’t still be raped by him. So, that’s kind of what goes down, I’m the boyfriend that doesn’t listen when she says no. It’s a real tough subject.

Q. What are some of your passions besides acting?

A. I love music; I’m leaning the drums right now. I am still am learning the guitar, you can never stop learning the guitar. I am not naturally talented; I’m not gifted right away. I believe that I have talent but it’s going to take somebody to really polish me. I love my girlfriend Jamie Brown; she’s an actress. She is really amazing, she’s the best actress in Hollywood by far that hasn’t been discovered. There are plenty of great actresses that are at the forefront of film for America. But, Jamie Brown is a force, as soon as someone gives her the green light on a film; it’s going to be unheard of. I don’t think that people understand; she is pretty much the reason why I know how to act today. She’s just phenomenal; she’s absolutely amazing. If you don’t know you should check her out! I like to get involved in culture, I like reading, I love soccer. Peter Stormare and I went and watched the Madrid Pumas game here in Chicago at the big stadium. I love soccer, I love USA, I’m going for us in the world cup. I am passionate about poetry, I’m passionate about art, I love public speaking and I love people who can speak really well. I’m passionate about passion; I just love life! My motto in life is that I want to live life to the fullest.

Q. Do you have a latest obsession? Are you into any particular book, sport, music group or activity?

A. I am really into the Bible; I love the Bible; that’s my favorite book. I am living in Chicago and I’m obsessed with all their teams because this city is so infectious about their sports teams. Pretty much my latest obsession I would have to say is that and the loving relationships in my life, I can’t really have another obsession beyond that. Most importantly in my life is relationships and the people that I have them with, my family and that love. Love is the greatest thing on earth.

Q. What would you like to say to your fans and supporters?

A. I am totally grateful and I am in awe and it’s humbling. All it does is inspire me to work that much harder for them. I hope that I keep bringing them stuff that they will enjoy, the fact that they are listening to me is so humbling and inspiring. There is nothing better for the soul of an artist than to be well received by his audience. Then if I have that, then there is no telling what is going to happen, I’m blown away.

MUSE WATSON
BREAK OUT STAR
by: Jamie Steinberg
3/28/2006 2:16:09 PM

Q) What are the current projects that you are working on?

A) "Prison Break" is on hiatus and I am taking a rest. The show was physical and Chicago was cold, so I really just want to lay on the couch in the warmth of southern California. You know, actors have a superstition about talking about projects before the contracts are signed. ...and I have just lost two roles on TV shows at the final hour, and I had talked about them....makes you leery of talking at all. LOL One of them was a regular role and the word was "all we have to do is sign the contract". I hate when that happens. So being careful not to say that I have these particular roles: I am up for a Coen brothers' film, a mini-series prequel to "Lonesome Dove" and another TV show. My nephew Jon Morris has a series he has pitched around town with mixed response that has me as a regular role. One channel wants it, and there is interest by others. There are several other film projects in development, two of which are being written for me. So I guess the answer to your question would have to do with whether you thought as an actor or not. Actors are "working on" making projects go long before they are actually "working on" them.

Q) Please tell us about your character, Westmoreland, on the hit show "Prison Break."

A) As an actor, I get the chance to meet a lot of characters. I study them and ask them to use my body to present themselves to the camera. Every now in then,something clicks between me and a character, and we become really good friends. This has happened between me and Charles Westmoreland. While I was studying this character, I was reading everything that is known about DB Cooper, because rumor has it that Westmoreland is the legendary Cooper. When I read that he tippedthe stewardess on the plane that he hijacked, I just smiled. What a class act. That told me volumes about who he was. Then, as the show progressed and he madehis friendship with Michael, played by Wentworth Miller, I liked him more. I liked him for taking time with "the fish" although he was a loner. After being in prison for 32 years, this man is respected enough to be left alone, thought enough of by the Boss, Abruzzi (played by Peter Stormare), to work on PI and respected enough by the staff of the prison to be a "trustee" and have a cat as a companion. He is one of those rare combinations of men who are strong enough not to be intimidated and sensitive enough to get along. A moderator from "˜Television With-Out Pity.Com," who calls herself "Sobel" described Westmoreland in the last episode as so classy! I may have to begin calling him the "Silver Fox, " so stylish and compelling is he. That tells me I must be allowing him to express himself.

Q) What made you want to be a part of the show?

A) My agent said it was the best pilot of the season and he would give anything to have just one client on the show. After 76 feature films, 32 in transportation and 44 as an actor, I was thinking that a TV series would provide me a more normal day at work and more time at home with my family. The joke was on me. We film in Chicago. LOL!

Q) "Prison Break" is such a dramatic show. How do you prepare for such heightened scenes?

A) If they are filmed out of order, it can be a challenge. I figured out a trick to dealing with this while filming the movie Rosewood with Jon Voight, Ving Rhames and Don Cheadle. I number the scenes in intensity. It works really well for me. I walk out of my trailer to film a scene out of sequence and say to my self, "Well ,this is a '6,'"and so on. Make-up and hair use it, too. They take pictures of me and number them by my system.

That being said, nothing prepares me better than just getting into character and putting him in the situation at hand. It is exhausting to film a con who is out of his cell and on the verge of being re-captured at any moment, I can tell you.

Q) How has it been working with such an amazing and talented cast?

A) I think one of the reasons "Prison Break" is such a hit with the audience is that we have such a good cast, a cast that respects each other's ability. Everyone on the set expects the other to turn in a great performance and believes that the other actors are capable of it. Not a runt in the bunch. I had worked with the talented Robert Knepper before on "The Lazarus Man", but the rest of the cast were all new to me. What a delightful surprise! It's great when one of the things you do not have to worry about on the set is the other actors. It makes your job a whole lot more fun and you are able to concentrate more on the nuances of your performance.

Q) What is your most memorable moment from filming?

A) Well, I assume you mean on "Prison Break," because I have had some unbelievable moments in this business: jumping horses with Robert Duvall in Something to Talk About with Julia Roberts, turning into a vampire in Dusk 'til Dawn with Robert Patrick, wearing a Klansman's robe in Austin Powers with Mike Myers and doing underwater stunts in I Know What You Did Last Summer with Love Hewitt and Sarah Gellar. But during the filming of the "Prison Break" pilot, the script called for Westmoreland to smirk. It was 400 degrees below zero in the prison yard that day and I could not warm up. I told Brett Ratner, the director, that at that temperature, you could frown or you could smile, but that a smirk was out of the question. He ordered the special effects department to bring over a portable heater and aimed it at my face and said, "Now give me that smirk!" and just laughed.

Q) What is it about the show that you feel has hooked so many viewers?

A) I think it must be the writers' ability. They are keeping everyone on the edge of their seat with plot twists and turns. It's hard to turn away when there are so many surprises!

I, also, think a lot of the credit goes to Wentworth Miller. He is an extraordinary young man and I think he's been able to give the audience a glimpse of that and they can't get enough.

Third, it's what we talked about before, the ensemble, the amazingly talented group of actors who bring each character to life.

Q) Will viewers get to see Westmoreland confirm he's D.B. Cooper with evidence?

A) You know, it is amazing how different people interpret the story. I guess the writers have been so tricky with their surprises for the audience, that everyone has trouble believing what they see. It was written that Bellick killed Marylyn and we played it that way, but there is still debate out in cyberspace about who killed her. So to answer your question, there are going to be those who believe he is Cooper and those who don't, but yes there will be evidence.

Q) For the most part, Westmoreland has been very collected. Will viewers get to see another side to him?

A) There really is no other side. LOL! After 32 years in prison, he's pretty comfortable with what goes on, and being older, he is more comfortable withlife's little setbacks. He's collected when he's setting fire to a prison building or shoving T-Bag. Or, he'll get excited about the prospects of getting out and he'll get worried for Michael's safety, but he's seen most of this before.

Q) What do you do in your spare time?

A) I like to go to the zoo and ballet class, swimming, do tumbling and watch Dora the Explorer and Elmo, dance. You see, I have a four year old, ballerina, musician, gymnast, zoo-loving cowgirl princess. I have no spare time. When she was 5 months old, I had brain surgery followed 4 weeks later with heart and lung surgery. The only reason I can figure I'm still here is to be her Popa. I take that role very seriously.

Q) What would you like to say to all of your fans and supporters?

A) Thank you. Please know how much I appreciate you. I hope that I have, or can become, at least a couple of different characters to you. Take care, and if you
want to know where I go next go to http://www.musewatson.com/. Or, if you have a question or want to chat with me just go to our Yahoo club at:
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/justinsmusewatsonclub/ where we talk and I answer questions from the members.

ROCKMOND DUNBAR
ON THE RUN
4/4/2006 4:04:51 PM

Q) What are the current projects that you are working on?

A) We just wrapped the 22nd episode of "Prison Break" around two weeks ago. I started that following Monday on a new movie called Dirty Laundry. It's basically a prodigal son story. I play the lead and am also producing it. Some of the other actors in the film are Loretta Devine, Veronica Webb and Terry J. Vaughn. It's one of those independent films that kind of grab you and it's a dramady. Right after that, I start Raft of the Medusa, which is a play by Joe Pintauro and has been adapted into a feature film. I got the financing to do it and I'm going to direct and produce it. We'll shoot for the month of May and part of June. We'll start editing and then I go back to work on "Prison Break," I think, around June 13th.

Q) Please tell us about your character C-Note on the show "Prison Break."

A) C-Note is one of the go-to-guys on "Prison Break." He can get you anything you want and he's sort of like Morgan Freeman's character in Shawshank Redemption. He's breaking out with Scofield. He joined on the chain gang and is, basically, doing the best he can to survive within the prison walls, but he desperately wants to break out to see his wife and daughter. It's going to be interesting to watch and see how that unfolds because he's lying to his wife and telling her that he's still in Iraq helping to fight the war when he's actually in prison.

Q) How did you prepare for this role?

A) There wasn't really that much time to prepare because when I got the role I had to go straight into the character that following day. At that time, it was only recurring so there wasn't that much within the pilot that I had to prepare for. So, I just relied on emotional recall and certain techniques that I have been using for years that I learned at the College of Santa Fe, New Mexico. I had hopped on a show that was on the FOX network that got cancelled, so they pulled me on in episode 8 to start as a series regular on "Prison Break." I didn't have much time to prepare, but I've been in prisons before because my sister is a correction's officer. I've been in prisons before, but I've never been incarcerated myself.

Q) Are there any similarities between you and your character?

A) I think we're both survivors. That's the greatest asset and characteristic that parallels C-Note and myself. He's doing the best job he can as an actor. You'll realize in episode fifteen that he's not who he is in when he is in prison. He is this person who is basically wearing a mask in order to survive the trials and tribulations of prison. So, that's kind of like my story. I adapt and move forward in order to obtain this thing called longevity and happiness in my career.

A) Like every other struggling actor, it's a job. For starters, I'm not one of those A-list actors yet so it's not like I have an array of choices that I can just say, "I'll pick this one," or "I'll pick that one." I knew when I first read the script that I wanted to be a part of it because the writing was so well done. The pacing of the show within the writing was very intriguing, engaging and intelligent. That really drew me in as an actor.

Q) What has been your most memorable moment from filming?

A) It's an accumulation of memories that make up this very cold day. We're filming in degrees that are sometimes in the negative. It's probably not snowing and doesn't look cold because we have to take off our jackets and run across an airplane strip or we have to do certain things within the confines of being cold, but we can't wear hats or jackets. Those moments really shock you to life. It brings your conscience to the forefront of your mind. Most of the time, you can't move or you'll be shaking. I remember one time, we were running through a part of the prison and I jumped up and landed directly into a tree because there was a ditch right in front of me that I really didn't see. That was one memorable moment! I ended up getting hurt a little bit, but those types of things really catch your attention.

Q) How do you feel being on a show that has received a People's Choice Award?

A) It's amazing! That's what actors really hope for! They hope to get on a show that people like, people want to watch, that people want to tune in to, that the drama is good and that you are also a fan of. I was really happy to stand up on that stage with all of our cast members, producers and EP's. It's a nice thing. It's very very nice! After twelve episodes, you get nominated for a Golden Globe, you get nominated for a Critic's Award and you get nominated for a People's Choice Award and to walk away with one…Ah, man! That's great! That's the icing on the cake!

Q) What is it about the show that captures so many viewers?

A) I think it's the timeline of urgency. Not only do we have incredible actors on the show, but also we have this emergency time clock that is ticking every second and everyone wants to know, "Oh my God! What's going to happen next?" Even when the actors are sitting down at the round table doing our read throughs, we're intrigued and flipping through the pages thinking aloud, "Oh my God! What's going to happen?" I think that's one of the most engaging parts of the show, that time clock emergency.

Q) Is there anything that the fans would be surprised to learn about your character?

A) I really think that you'll see his biggest fear. Right now, you really don't see his fear. You see his mask of anger or disappointment. You'll get to see his sensitive.

Q) Viewers saw you and Westmoreland (Muse Watson) connect over a shared family aspect. Will C-Note also be showing his soft side to others in the future?

A) He definitely will! One of those things involves a beautiful scene that Scofield and I have together in the finale of the season. It's amazing! When we were filming it, we knew that particular scene was going to be very special and it turned out to exceed our expectations.

A) I think of another project I can do after I finish working. I'm a Capricorn so I work a lot. I'm a workaholic. I love what I do. I love my art of writing, directing, producing and acting. I love it all! So, that's my life. Free time? What is that?

Q) What would you like to say to your fans and supporters?

A) Thank you so much for the support and the love you have given to the show, my character and to the whole cast. This has been overwhelming for us and it's one of those things where you sit back and go, "Everyone is super happy and surprised about this whole situation." Hopefully, we'll continue to do the show for many more years and continue loving it just the same.

LANE GARRISON
INSIDE MAN
4/10/2006 11:19:48 AM

Q) What are the current projects you are working on?

A) I'm a writer that creates screenplays. I wrote a script called Succubus for MGM and so I am working with my writing partner during the hiatus.

Q) Please tell us about your character on the show "Prison Break."

A) As viewers know, I'm sort of the "rat." My name is "Tweener" and my character was based on the fact that I am sort of in between white and black. But, I've also considered it sort of torn between Scofield and being loyal to him and working with Bellick. I am sort of caught in between there with them. My role keeps on increasing as the season goes on.

A) I saw the pilot. My agent had sent me the pilot long before it had aired. When I watched it, I said, "This is going to be a monster hit of a show!" I thought it was really well written and well done. I said, "If any character comes up that I'm roughly right for, I have to be a part of it!" Luckily, "Tweener" was written and they called me to say that they had an audition for "Prison Break." I don't get excited about too many things, but when I heard that I, literally, walked into the casting and said, "You're not going to see anyone else. I want this part. I love this show. I think it's going to be huge." The casting director said, "Yeah, but you still have to read for it." I did really well and he said, "Good, you are the character. You know this character." They got the producers on the phone and I had to keep going back and forth from the studio, to the producers to the creator Paul Scheuring. Finally, Paul said to me, after my last reading, "I'll see you soon." I was beyond thrilled when they called me to tell me I got it.

Q) What has been your most memorable moment from filming?

A) My first day on set, I come and walk through these huge prison gate doors into this massive set. My first scene is outside in the yard and the director wanted us to come up with a skit where T-Bag (played by Robert Knepper) is harassing me. I came up with the fact that I sag my pants, so what if he came behind me and was sort of tugging at my pants. Mind you, there are three hundred extras outside and there are film crews filming for E!, Access Hollywood, etc. On the first take, he is supposed to sort of tug on my pants to mess with me and he totally completely rips off my boxers, as well! I am standing there in front of everyone completely naked! That was pretty embarrassing, but it broke the ice and everything was fine after that!

Q) Will viewers get to see your character attach himself more to Michael Scofield and the breakout gang?

A) My role increases in the next coming episodes. I end up joining the PI crew because Bellick has assigned me to sort of spy on Scofield. On April 24th, I'll have a really big episode that is sort of like the flashback episode which reveals why I am in prison and what I'm really doing there.

Q) What is it about your personal life that you bring to your character?

A) I sort of was this kid growing up. I was a petty thief and I, actually, got into a lot of trouble with the law growing up for stealing things. Actually, the last time I stole something, my own mother drove me to the police station and turned me in. I think she scared me more than the police. I never stole anything again! I sort of get that background of this kid that is struggling with his home life and finding out who he is on the street. I think that was me growing up and I can relate to him in that way.

Q) Why do you think the show draws in so many viewers?

A) Once again, it's well written. Every week there is a catchy hook that leaves you wondering what's going to happen, which gets everybody. I think there is also; not just speaking for myself, but there is great acting in it. I think it's a great ensemble cast. These characters are so intriguing. I think everyone has a character that they relate to like that or pulls them into the show.

Q) You and Muse Watson (who plays Westmoreland on the show) seem to have a close relationship as friends off the set. What advice on acting has Muse given you?

A) Muse is like one of my mentors now! I talk to him all the time. He's told me so many great stories. When we first started shooting, he said to me, "You know Lane, when I find a character or I play a character, I sort of find the song that would relate to them. I'd find the music they'd listen to and their one favorite song. I play that before I start shooting." I've started doing that, as well. I found "Tweener's" song and in modern times, I think it would be Eminem's song "Lose Yourself" from the movie 8 Mile. I listen to that all the time. He's also taught me about being a person on and off set because he's such a humble human being. I think that everyone, not just myself, sort of emulates Muse and the way he lives his life.

Q) Muse has compared your acting to that of James Dean. How does that make you feel?

A) It makes me feel great, coming from him! He's such a seasoned vet that he is such a natural and makes acting look so easy. We all look up to him. It makes me blush that he said that! I've got some pretty big shoes to fill! It's flattering because he's such a talent. It's sort of like a love fest on set, which is weird because we're all in prison for fifteen to eighteen hours a day, but everyone gets along so well and has the utmost amount of respect for each other. Some days it is hard to shoot because our characters are always at odds with each other, but we all like each other off set so much and have that respect for one another. The feeling is mutual for me with Muse and I appreciate him saying that.

Q) Muse has also said that when your characters were cellmates he was disappointed that the writers didn't add more interaction between you. How did you feel about the situation?

A) We both asked the writers about that and I don't know if they couldn't just fit it into the story line, but we wanted more scenes together just because there was sort of this fatherly-son relationship outside. It was something we would have liked to explore more.

Q) You're in the upcoming film Quality of Life. What was it like working with director Benjamin Morgan?

A) He was great! He works with at risk kids. That's his day job! When he made this movie he had almost no budget. I think we made it for like $30,000, which is nothing, and we traveled the world with it. He just understands what kids are going through these days and I think it was so easy to work with him, open up to him and go to dark places with him because he's seen it. He sees it every day. I've never felt more relaxed with a director than with him and able to just go to those places.

Q) The film earned Special Mention at the Berlin International Film Festival and Best Youth Film at the Stockholm International Film Festival. What is it like knowing the film is getting such acclaim so early on?

A) That was an amazing experience! It just goes to show you that you don't need millions and millions of dollars to make a good film. You just have to tell a story that is compelling. I think that there are not a lot of movies that relate to kids and that have a message as well which are good, that don't candy coat everything. I think that's why the film has been working across the globe, especially internationally more than the US. Hopefully, we'll have a nice run here too.

Q) You're also writing the film Succubus with Mark Famiglietti. How did you both come up with the concept for this film?

A) I started writing at age nineteen and had my first screenplay that got optioned. We haven't had any movies made yet, but we've set up many projects at many production companies and studios. This is an idea off a producer that read our work for the film Chasing Fate, beforehand, that was set up at Madonna's company, Maverick. The producer thought that our voice of writing would fit. The concept for Succubus is about two guys that have a fear of commitment who get involved with these beautiful women that steal their souls. We sort of saw this as a metaphor for our own lives so we pitched them a take about what this film would be and they went for it. The studio liked our ideas and they hired us. That was my real first studio writing experience. MGM bought it, but now Sony bought MGM so it's sort of in that land in between MGM and Sony. We'll be figuring out what to do with it next.

Q) Both of your films are about the topic of relationships. What is it about this subject that you feel is a source of inspiration for your writing?

A) I think I'm at that age where you start asking yourself "Is there that one person out there for me? Is there my soul mate?" You also struggle with wanting to be a bachelor and be a single guy. It's sort of that duality that is something every guy my age struggles with. Those are basic themes that come out in my writing. My writing partner, Mark, has been in a relationship since high school with a girl, it's his high school sweetheart. Then, you have me, who feels like this never-ending bachelor. So, we always have these funny battles about whether there is one person for me or if I'm going to keep dating the rest of my life.

A) I work! Spare time for me is writing. I love going to movies. I am still like a six year old who gets excited to see a movie! That's probably what I do in my free time the most. I probably, literally, live in the theater.

Q) What would you like to say to your fans and supporters?

A) I would like to say to please don't hate me while I'm the rat because I will redeem myself! Thank you for supporting the show and me! Stay tuned, the episodes are only going to get better. We love you because we get to work since the fan base has grown so much. We appreciate all of the support! This has been a great show to work for because I've never experienced such a mass fan base before. We appreciate it!

Comments 
13th-Apr-2006 07:23 pm (UTC)
Aw, poor Lane! He knows his character isn't too popular right now. It's okay, we still love Tweener. This show has a weird way of making you feel kinda sorry for the bad guys.
13th-Apr-2006 07:31 pm (UTC)
Wonder if his new nickname will be Gucamole. ;)

I love how he wanted to be on the show so badly. I think Tweener's going to get in on the escape plan. Maybe Haywire too. Then if people die it won't be the core group that we know (and love).
17th-Apr-2006 10:02 pm (UTC)
I definitely think they both will. Along with D-Cups, if the previews are any indication! And let's hope adding in all these peripheral people will make it so that the core group all makes it!!
13th-Apr-2006 09:40 pm (UTC)
I'm saving this to read later.

Right now it's yoga time... (although I'd certainly rather be here reading this).

Thanks for posting!!
15th-Apr-2006 08:08 am (UTC)
Well, I love Tweener. But also love Bellick and Kellerman.

What did I read about Muse auditioning for a regular role? Doesn't sound good for Westmooreland.
17th-Apr-2006 02:19 pm (UTC)
Yes, after reading this I gathered that maybe Westmoreland is one of the inmates to die.
This page was loaded Nov 20th 2019, 5:28 pm GMT.