April 4, 2006 Press Contact:
Marsha Smith, ABC Entertainment Publicity
(818) 460-6605, marsha.l.smith@abc.com

Jennifer Price, ALMA/NCLR, The Lippin Group
(323) 965-1990, jprice@lippingroup.com

EVA LONGORIA, DANNY PINNO AND CARLOS MENCIA
JOIN MONICA LOZANO, CHAIR, NCLR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
TO ANNOUNCE THE NOMINEES FOR THE NCLR ALMA AWARDS

BEVERLY HILLS, CA (April 4, 2006) – The return of the NCLR ALMA Awards and the nominations were announced today during a press conference at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills, California. Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives and the motion picture The Sentinel), Danny Pino (Cold Case and the motion picture Flicka) and Carlos Mencia (Mind of Mencia) joined Monica Lozano, chair, NCLR Board of Directors, to announce the nominees.

The NCLR ALMA Awards honors outstanding Latino artistic achievement in television, film, and music and the enhancement of the Latino image in the entertainment industry. With the incomparable Eva Longoria as host, the Award show will tape May 7 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles and will air as an all-new 90-minute, prime-time special on Monday, June 5 (9:30-11:00 p.m., ET/PT), on the ABC Television Network.

The National Council of La Raza (NCLR), the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the U.S., created the ALMA Awards in 1995 as part of NCLR's strategy to promote fair, accurate and balanced portrayals of Latinos in the media. The show was named "ALMA" (Spanish for "spirit" or "soul") which represents the determined spirit of the Latino community.

Jeff Margolis, Janet Murguia and David Chavez are executive producers of "The 2006 NCLR ALMA Awards." The show, from Jeff Margolis Productions, will tape on May 7 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Producers are Eva Longoria, Tisha Fein, Gloria Fujita O'Brien and Mick McCullough. The director is Ron De Moraes.

2006 Television Award Nominees
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Television Series
Jorge Garcia, Lost, ABC
Benito Martinez, The Shield, FX
Amaury Nolasco, Prison Break, FOX
Freddy Rodriguez, Six Feet Under, HBO
Wilmer Valderrama, That 70s Show, FOX

For full list of nominees visit http://www.almaawards.com/press/releases/040406.html
Tags: alma awards, amaury nolasco, articles
Subscribe

• "PRISON BREAK" PLANS ITS GREATEST ESCAPE YET

Sad news and some s4 spoilers included... "PRISON BREAK" PLANS ITS GREATEST ESCAPE YET AS SERIES COMES TO A CLOSE THIS SPRING The greatest escape…

• New Article

This came out in my local paper. It's about the girl who play's Gretchen's daughter.…

• Ausiello on Prison Break

Question: I think I speak for almost everyone when I say that Michael shouldn't get a new love interest so soon after Sara's death on Prison Break.…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 2 comments