No account? Create an account
Escape is just the beginning.
2 more TV pilots in the works for Chicagoland 
5th-Dec-2005 10:03 am
faith

Terry Armour

2 more TV pilots in the works for Chicagoland

Published December 4, 2005

Native Chicagoan Ed Bernero--creator of "Criminal Minds" and "Third Watch"--tells us he's already got two set-in-Chicago pilots on the table that he's trying to shoot here in 2006. Bernero believes the chances are good for the police dramas, particularly with the success of Fox's "Prison Break," which is shooting in Chicago and in Joliet. "What helps us is that ["Prison Break"] is working," Bernero said when we tracked him down on the Los Angeles set of "Criminal Minds" a few days ago. "By that I mean it's on budget, it's making money and it's getting solid ratings. Those are all pieces in the puzzle."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/chi-0512040353dec04,1,2571914.column
Comments 
5th-Dec-2005 03:14 pm (UTC)
Hmmm I don't know. Too much of a good thing sometimes is very bad. Like a band who has one hit single and tries (and fails) when they try to re-live that success. Eh, good luck though.
5th-Dec-2005 03:22 pm (UTC)
Yes, it seems police/crime dramas are very "in" now. CSI and Law & Order reproduced. I only watch the original CSI and the first two L&Os. I think viewers want originality. That's why reality shows have done so well.

But this article is written by a Chicagoen, so if more TV shows are shot in Chicago, it means more money for the city/state and work for residents.
5th-Dec-2005 03:24 pm (UTC)
Exactly! PB is "working" not only because of its location, but because its writing and character portrayal is awesome.
This page was loaded Nov 16th 2019, 9:10 pm GMT.