?

No account? Create an account
Escape is just the beginning.
Variety Golden Globes preview 
1st-Dec-2005 10:05 am
Snow White
In today's Daily Varitey Golden Globes preview, Prison Break is mentioned several times as being a contender for a Golden Globe. There isn't anything specific about the show itself, but it is mentioned throughout for its original concept and for best actor (Wentworth.) I'll just summerize below:

Discovery Channelers
Globes votes hone rep for tapping hot new skeins
By Stuart Levine

"Though there hasn't been a breakout show on the order of last year's ABC newbies 'Desperate Housewives' or 'Lost' that doesn't mean the Golden Globes won't be offering up fresh skeins for their big night.

The Hollywood Foreign Press Assn., known for setting treands rather than following them, will have plenty of new shows to choose from, including hotshot comedies 'My Name is Earl' and 'Everybody Hates Chris,' and dramas 'Prison Break,' 'Commander in Chief' and 'Grey's Anatomy.'"

**Note....article goes on to talk about cable shows here and go in to detail about Medium and Grey's Anatomy. There is a pic of Wentworth though with the caption "Original concept puts Fox's 'Prison Break' in the race."

Thesp Races Open to a New Mix of Noms
By Geoffery Berkshire

**Most of the article is about actors from other shows.**

"...Other newbies poised to benefit from buzzworthy series in various categories are Hugh Laurie, the grumpy doc on Fox's 'House;' the escape-minded Wentworth Miller of Fox's 'Prison Break;' suburban moms Mary-Lousie Parker and Elizabeth Perkins on Showtime's 'Weeds;' UPN's 'Everybody Hates Chris' family members Tichina Arnold and Tyler James Williams; and Steve Carell, the boss from Hell on NBC's 'The Office.'"

Keep in mind that it doesn't mean that Prison Break or Wentworth are nominated for anything. It just means that they have been noticed by the Hollywood Foreign Press and people are talking about them. Nominations are going to be announced on Dec 13th, so keep your eyes and ears open!
Comments 
1st-Dec-2005 06:24 pm (UTC)
That's great. The HFP obviously know a good thing when they see it! ;)
1st-Dec-2005 06:39 pm (UTC)
that's great, i hope they get a nom. good luck to "House" "everybody Hates Chris" and "Weeds" too.
1st-Dec-2005 06:40 pm (UTC)
wow that's great. this show is unlike any i've ever seen. it certainly deserves some props and recognition for it's originality.
1st-Dec-2005 08:55 pm (UTC)
I'm sorry but PB deserves a Globe way more than a few other shows that have won so I hope they do get a nod.
1st-Dec-2005 10:02 pm (UTC)
I also feel that PB really deserves to be nominated and also a win. It's also orginal so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.
1st-Dec-2005 10:46 pm (UTC)
Anonymous
It should get nominated and win! Prison Break has inspired several Prison related stories in other popular shows such as House and I've heard that NBC wants to develop a show that is based on one single event like Prison Break. The show is incredibly creative as well as entertaining. You never know what's going to happen, and I think that even though it gets little to no promotion in the media it's highly rated and that says so much about the quality of the story as well as the actors. Wentworth Miller is just amazing in this show and deserves a nomination too. I'll keep my fingers crossed... Maybe after this, Fox will get a clue and show Prison Break some respect and bring it back sooner.
2nd-Dec-2005 03:55 pm (UTC)
I certainly hope PB, Went, and Rob get noms. It would really be nice. However, other good shows, like Gilmore Girls, have been overlooked before, so it's not the end of the world if they aren't nominated.
This page was loaded Nov 13th 2019, 5:54 pm GMT.