Escape is just the beginning.
Mark Your Calendars!! 
30th-Nov-2005 03:53 pm
faith

Posted: Wed., Nov. 30, 2005, 11:36am PT

Night shift
'Idol,' 'House' to stay put; 'Trading' to replace 'Killer'

By JOSEF ADALIAN

Fox has ended weeks of speculation about its scheduling plans for "American Idol" by deciding to do...pretty much what it said it would do last May.

Despite fevered guessing by industryites and some overeager media outlets, Fox Wednesday said "American Idol" will remain on Tuesday and Wednesday nights when it returns for its fifth season in January. And, as expected, frosh drama will slide into a post- "Idol" timeslot.

Biggest change from what Fox announced in May: "House" will remain in its current 9 p.m. Tuesday timeslot, where it's a solid hit. And the Wednesday night "Idol" results show will avoid a confrontation with ABC's "Lost" by airing at 8 p.m. rather than 9 p.m.

In addition, laffers "That 70s Show" and "Stacked" are now set to follow Thursdays from 9-10 p.m., starting in March. On Fridays, Fox will move unheralded reality hit "Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy" to 9 p.m., replacing the now-canceled "Killer Instinct".

And as expected, "Prison Break" will return from hiatus in March, airing Mondays at 8 (Daily Variety, Nov. 29). In January and February, Fox will keep the 8 p.m. Monday slot warm with unscripted s "Ice Skating with the Stars."

Moves by Fox make it more likely NBC will now shift "My Name is Earl" to Thursdays, though the net's made nothing official.

Key premiere dates for the Fox midseason :
• "American Idol" returns Tuesday, Jan. 17. A special two-hour edition airs Jan. 18.
• "Bones" moves to its 9 p.m. Wednesday timeslot Jan. 25.
• "'70s" and "Stacked" bow on Thursdays March 2.
• "Trading Spouses" shifts to Fridays on Jan. 6.
• "Skating with Celebrities" premieres Jan. 23. "Prison Break" returns with original episodes March 20.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117933734?categoryid=14&cs=1&s=h&p=0
Comments 
30th-Nov-2005 09:04 pm (UTC)
thnx! really... it feels like a 3 month hiatus cuz dec. passes SO QUICK.

"Ice skating w/ stars (aka B-listers)" sounds like a horror. damn FOX reality shows...
30th-Nov-2005 09:21 pm (UTC)
I think it's going to be more like D-listers. I seem to recall reading that the actor who was on Diff'rent Strokes is one of the "stars" (not Gary Coleman-the one who played his bro).
30th-Nov-2005 09:32 pm (UTC)
Todd Bridges?
30th-Nov-2005 09:38 pm (UTC)
You win the prize!!!! :)
30th-Nov-2005 09:40 pm (UTC)
Please explain to me what Ice-Skating with the Stars is? I've never seen it!!
2nd-Dec-2005 04:04 pm (UTC)
It hasn't started yet. It's like Dancing with the Stars except on ice.

Okay, here you go: http://www.fox.com/skating/

Bruce Jenner, Dave Coulier, Todd Bridges, Jillian Barberie, Kristy Swanson, Debbie Gibson will wow us with their prowess on the ice.
30th-Nov-2005 09:08 pm (UTC)
haha killer instinct was cancelled?

that show was so gross and terrible it was kind of fun to watch.
30th-Nov-2005 09:17 pm (UTC)
I know! The deviant crime theme was a bit out there... but I enjoyed watching it nonetheless!! And, the lead detective was hot!
30th-Nov-2005 09:19 pm (UTC)
...and a miserable actor.
30th-Nov-2005 09:29 pm (UTC)
Yeah, I noticed that. He was very monotone.

I've always liked Chi McBride... he used to be on Boston Public. It was a cool looking show. The cinematography was beautiful. More entertaining than Reunion, IMO. But, I guess they're both in the dumpster now.
30th-Nov-2005 09:31 pm (UTC)
boston public was a good show.
30th-Nov-2005 09:35 pm (UTC)
Didn't LJ's mom star on it?
30th-Nov-2005 09:36 pm (UTC)
hah..i'm not as good as all you girls are at that kinda stuff.
I think someone mentioned it before. I could be just talking out loud.
2nd-Dec-2005 04:03 pm (UTC)
I don't know. But I know she's on Nip/Tuck.
30th-Nov-2005 09:31 pm (UTC)
I looked him up. Johnny Messner is his name.
30th-Nov-2005 09:36 pm (UTC)
Kewl. He had to know he'd be unemployed soon. Nobody was watching... except for me and a few other peeps.
I hope he saved his KI money.
This page was loaded Nov 18th 2019, 9:39 pm GMT.