The #1 Pregnant Community [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
The #1 Pregnant Community

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

[Feb. 16th, 2007|08:39 am]
The #1 Pregnant Community

_pregnant_

[anibelles]
So I shave all of my groin area. I know have an ingrown hair *shrug*. It hurtsd it swollen. I have been putting neosporin on it. Can I just go to a walk in clinic after work or should I call my obgyn?

8w0d
linkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: babygirls79
2007-02-16 04:42 pm (UTC)
Since your pregnant, I would see your ob/gyn.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: kthartline
2007-02-16 04:57 pm (UTC)
Sorry to say, but there isn't much they can do about an ingrown hair at the doctors. You're going to have to tough it out for a couple of days and it will fix itself. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but you're going to have to get used to the little pains of life... you're pregnant! If you run to the doctor for every ingrown hair, hangnail, stubbed toe you're going to be going once a week soon!

I'd say just keep it moisturized and it will go away soon. I know it sucks, but it doesn't take long for it to grow in enough to break back through the skin. If you see it start to form a large bump, try scraping it with your fingernail to get the skin to break and let the hair through.

Good luck!
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: thalionar
2007-02-16 05:00 pm (UTC)
actually, I wouldn't put neosporin on it.

I'd do very warm wet compress and gently exfoliate.

Really, it'll help bring the hair to the surface.

At this point, all the neosporin is really doing is blocking oxygen to the skin. Not especially helpful.

Once the hair comes to the surface, if it then gets infected, I'd do neosporin (actually, I'd do tea tree oil in a little bit of olive oil, but that's me).

Unless it's terribly horribly infected (hot to the touch, angry red) I wouldn't worry about it too much.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: anibelles
2007-02-16 06:01 pm (UTC)
It's a large I'm not talking like bikini line ingrown hair I'm talking large, hot to the touch red Bump.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Expand)
[User Picture]From: x_mama_llama_x
2007-02-16 05:06 pm (UTC)
I have been getting alot more ingrown hairs and bumps when I shave lately. I was thinking it has something to do with being a little "swollen" down there. I'm still shaving down there, just not the really sensitive bits as it was just getting too painful. But obviously, everyone is different.
(Reply) (Thread)
2007-02-16 05:07 pm (UTC)
By the way I had to do a double take of your icon, I thought that was my husband for a second lol. ;)
[User Picture]From: breathbox
2007-02-16 05:34 pm (UTC)
yeah, i have a charcoal/clay masque i use for ingrown hairs, it helps draw the hair to the surface, and also with any of the swelling/redness...

you dont need to see a doc.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: noney
2007-02-16 06:14 pm (UTC)
this may be way off topic, but is it common to shave much 'down there'? I just would rather not make any more discomfort and have battled dryness anyway...??? I don't want my OB to think I'm not cleanly?!?!
(Reply) (Thread)
2007-02-16 06:25 pm (UTC)
I think it's a matter of personal preference. I think people who usually do shave especially in the later months stop. I know with my first pregnancy I could barely shave my legs. If you're not comfortable shaving then I definitely wouldn't do it. I'm sure your OB won't think you're not clean.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]From: beezer_bolt
2007-02-16 06:20 pm (UTC)
LOL...good luck with that in a few months!

Wait until it comes to a head and lance it. Don't call your Dr. or go to a walk in clinic.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: chibi_jeni
2007-02-16 06:42 pm (UTC)
I usually put a rather warm teabag on it for about 5 minutes or so. It will help clear it out and with the healing. I do the same thing with fever blisters.

Just think, here soon you won't be able to SEE your groin. :)
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: seasme779
2007-02-16 07:55 pm (UTC)
Please do not lance it!!!! That is a terrible idea, especially in that area. Bacteria love warm, wet, dark places, and that is what your vagina is! I shave down there too, and have gotten a few bad ingrown hairs, but never one that has become warm to the touch. I would definitely be worried about an infection with the warmth, and I believe you should call your doc. I would call the OB first and see if they would treat it, if not, then call your GP. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not open it yourself. if it comes to a head and you can squeeze it, that's one thing. but it sounds like you may even need an antibiotic. i'd call the doc to be safe!
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: ladyinred667
2007-02-16 08:04 pm (UTC)
I'm pretty sure the ingrown hair isn't in the vagina.

Also, you tell her not to lance it, but squeezing it is okay? Squeezing can force whatever bacteria is in the bump further down under the skin.
[User Picture]From: washironfucketc
2007-02-16 07:59 pm (UTC)
Start getting waxes. Seriously worth the money.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: iheartretards
2007-02-16 08:17 pm (UTC)
I get way worse ingrowns from waxing than I do from shaving.
2007-02-16 08:19 pm (UTC)
how is an ingrown hair related to pregnancy?
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: anibelles
2007-02-16 08:59 pm (UTC)
It's infected and I'm pregnant. I was wondering what peoples opinions were.
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]From: ever_abstract
2007-02-16 10:44 pm (UTC)
Whenever I get an ingrown hair, I just pluck the sucka out, then I make a warm compress with water and sea salts. Problem solved. Dealing with ingrown hairs pregnant is the same as dealing with ingrown hairs not pregnant.
(Reply) (Thread)
2007-02-17 12:02 am (UTC)
my favorite is when you pull out the hair and the entire mass of puss and dead sin comes out with it.