February 25th, 2005

Stars

(no subject)

NEWS:
David Heyman talks about Mike Newell
Empire magazine's April issue will feature an article in which David Heyman discusses what Mike Newell will bring to the fourth Harry Potter movie:

"Having an English director for the first time is really interesting," remarks David Heyman, producer of the Harry Potter movies, as Coming Soon visits him on set. "Mike Newell really understands not just the Harry Potter world, but the idea of a British boarding school. He's really brought that out in the humour. I think this will be the funniest of the films so far." Indeed, as the Potter cycle enters its fourth episode. The Goblet Of Fire, and Harry and pals reach new levels of hormonal excitement, the series has offered the directing post to a Brit. "Mike was a big fan of what Alfonso did with the series," says Heyman. "He has continued with that look, but now we have even greater demands. This one has far more action and CGI with the epic Tri-Wizard tournament." Fire-breathing dragons, underwater sequences, genuine death, Lord Voldemort (ssshhh!) in person and, most terrifying of all, Harry has to ask a girl out. Oh yes, this is the biggest one yet.

More info on filming delays
The Press and Journal has another article following up on Tuesday's report that the weather has caused the filming of the last GOF sequences to be put back a week:

The delay is also affecting 100 excited children from the Kinlochleven, Fort William and Mallaig areas who are being signed up as extras. Dressed in black as pupils of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, they are due to feature in the filming around Glenfinnan and Glencoe. The weather also means a cameo appearance by the character Hagrid, on a Glencoe hillside, will also be delayed.

A film insider said: "The production unit were well aware that the long-range forecast was anything but magical for next week. Although the Glenfinnan area, in particular, can be frequently touched by the Gulf Stream, the snows and not the sunshine are very much to the fore in early spring."

Thanks to TLC via NightElf.

Happy Birthday to James and Oliver Phelps
Happy Birthday wishes go to James and Oliver Phelps, who turn 19 today!
They portray Fred and George Weasley in the Harry Potter movies.

Collapse )

Collapse )

Random Quote:
Dudley had done the thing he was threatening to to do since age three: He had become wider than he was tall.
(Book ??? [If you know, please tell me in a comment])

HP Non-Ship Fan Fiction:
The Intellect of a Weasley
PG-13 Just a dialogue 'fic inspired by quirky humor. Rated PG-13 for suggesed situations and mild language.
fj | london calling

Fics & other goodies

Hello Potterholics.

Seeing as the community is up and running again and I'm the main mod, I thought I'd make a post. I bring you some fun HP goodies to feast your eyes on.

HP Sims2 Tales:

The Marauders; The Childhood Years
by my_sim_stories
WARNING: This does contain slash, so if you get squicked by slash then you've been warned.

This HP sim story is part one and goes on to part five. It's still ongoing, though. It is definitely worth the look and is hilarious.

HP Sims
by blacksatinrose
WARNING: This also contains slash. If you don't like slash, you have been warned.

This story has six parts and still gets updated. It's also really funny and even has some funny icons to go with it. Take a look.

JULIANNE/BEE'S SIMS HP ADVENTURES
by euterpeslullaby
WARNING: This isn't really slash, but there is a brief Ron/Harry kiss and some Ginny/Hermione flirting.

This is also hilarious. While the other two dealt with the marauders, this one is mostly about the trio (with Ginny, too). There's also a funny little outtake poking fun at fangirls and Mary Sues: What we'd all like to come true.

HP FF

What really happens in the shower...
I've heard so many people say..."I get all my best ideas in the shower". It works that way with me, definitely, and from what I can gather, it works that way for an awful lot of you, as well. For some unknown reason, story ideas always seem to want to visit and whisper their thoughts in your mind when you're dripping wet and there's no pencil in sight. But it could be worse...

Ok, the next two are my own fics. I had written then a year ago and they've been at fanfiction.net and hiding in my memories. But, not a lot of people have read them. I still would like to see whether or not my writing is any good, so I'm posting them here. Really nervous about it, but here goes...

Title: Two Wizards and a Baby & its prequel Flying Lessons
Pairings: none
Rating: G (I really don't know why that's the only kind I can write)
Disclaimer: Don't own them. They belong to J.K. Rowling.
Summary: They're both mainly about Sirius babysitting baby Harry. It's fluffy, try not to gag.

TWAAB & FL

There you go. Have fun (especially with the Sims2 bits) and enjoy!