February 24th, 2005

Stars

Is this community dead or what?

I refuse to let it die!!! MY darlin' PA will never fade away even if I am the only one that goes on it. I will be changing the layout to something better.

NEWS:
Bloomsbury fulfills Greenpeace's request
As previously reported, Greenpeace (an environmentalist organization) has started a petition asking Scholastic for the sixth book to be printed on ancient forest-friendly paper. While the US publisher has yet to follow up on the request, UK publisher Bloomsbury has decided to take action. In a letter to Greenpeace, they write:

Bloomsbury, at the beginning of this month, ordered exclusively Forest Stewardship Council accredited paper for the printing of 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

This, meaning Half-Blood Prince will be made from ancient forest-friendly paper and help conserve the environment. Click here to check out the full story, and thanks to Lori for the tip!

HP actors donate clothes to tsunami appeal
Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Thompson (Prof. Trelawney) are now auctioning off some of their clothes in an effort to raise money for the Rebuilding Sri-Lanka charity. This organisation attempts to rebuild homes and lives in areas which were worst hit by the tsunamis in December. Dan has donated a rare signed crew t-shirt while Emma contributed a beautiful red dress. Bidding for the items of clothing has begun and will end on March 13. (Thanks, TLC for the tip.)

Collapse )

Collapse )

Random HP Quote:
"Dad's reprinting! He can't believe it, he says people seem even more interested in this than the Crumple-Horned Snorkacks!" ~Luna Lovegood

HP Non-Ship Fan Fiction:
A Night At The Movies
PG What if the Harry Potter characters actually went to the Harry Potter movie?? Exactly. I hope you laugh. Please R/R
  • Current Music
    The 10th Kingdom