A single decision can change the course of history. Yes instead of No, Fight instead of Flight, Love instead of Hate...Longbottom, in place of Potter.
What if Lord Voldemort had chosen to target the July-born son of Frank and Alice Longbottom, rather than that of Lily and James Potter? What if Neville Longbottom had been the Boy Who Lived?
Thus begins the premise of Perfect Circle, a role-playing game dedicated to exploring this twist of fate, and the resulting differences within the wizarding world.
- The game starts at the beginning of Harry & Co.'s 6th year (1996) at Hogwarts. As in the book series, Voldemort has once again begun to rise to power, gather his Death Eaters and all the creatures of dark magic that he can sway to his side.
- Neville Longbottom is an orphan who has been raised by his grandmother, in the limelight and constant attention of a wizarding world that has known his name since before he was old enough to speak it for himself. He feels that he is not so worthy of the attention as everyone claims, given that he was no more than a babe at the time of the Dark Lord's attack.
- Harry Potter is an orphan of sorts as well. His parents have taken the place of the Longbottoms in St. Mungo's, driven mad by means of torture. Harry has been raised by his godfather, Sirius Black, who has remained free of prison-worthy charges. Thus, he has lived a relatively normal life, shadowed only by the madness of his parents...
- Remus Lupin is currently Defense Against the Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts. His lycanthropy must now be kept even greater a secret than ever before, as Voldemort seeks to gather all manner of dark creatures to his side.
- Peter Pettigrew's loyalty to the Dark Lord has gone undiscovered. He remains free and clear, healthy and befriended by the remaining Marauders.
- Sibyll Trelawny has made another true prediction, one in which the fates of both Neville Longbottom and Harry Potter (as well as the rest of the world) lie. How will they carry the burden, when they know the truth?
Note: Due to the subject matter of this RPG, we ask that you be at least of a mature 15 years to join. Themes of a dark and adult nature will be touched upon and explored. The Evil is rising; it must be fought. The main characters are all of legal consenting age, and due to this fact, het/slash/femslash and scenes of an NC17 rating will be allowed. If that's your cup of tea, we will love you forever to come and play. If not...that's that.
Harry Potter, and all related characters, canon plotlines, locations, etc. within the Potterverse belong to J. K. Rowling, and related parties. We poor little role players own nothing (nothing, I say!), and make no profit from this game. Rather, this game is only a result of our fandom, for enjoyment only, and no infringement is intended.