February 17th, 2007

deconstruct my thoughts.

(no subject)

I need some help. My boyfriend lives in Canada, and I in NY, and I'm finally going to see him on very short notice March 9th. It'll be our first meeting and I'm super excited :D We were just waiting for confirmation from his dad that I would be allowed to stay at his house. What I really am worried about is the passport situation. I have been to Canada once, but we were on vacation in Maine and crossed the boarder (which was all of 3 minutes from where we were) by car. I know that by flying you do need a passport to enter Canada. I know the local office I need to go to, I guess it's the DMV or something, but I would also like to know about how long it's going to take, if anyone knows, and about how much money it's going to cost. Steve thankfully is going to help me pay my way there, but the cost of the passport and the length of time I need to wait to actually recieve it scares me. Also, I've never ever been on a plane before. I've heard of horror stories with the airlines losing their bags etc, so I've heard of carry ons (thank you Meet the Parents, and my ex boyfriend who works at an airport) but don't know how big/small of a suitcase I should get just so I can carry on. I would also like to know if I can't bring certain things on the plane like my purse, like if that would count as luggage or something. Any tips is very appreciated!

x-posted between ldr_support and _online_love_
  • Current Music
    Ventrilo. >_> Not really music.

An introduction..

Hello! I'm new. I've been sort of desperate for a place to talk about the things that have been going on in my life (specifically relating to online relationships), but all the places I'd found were all about how to find someone online for dating, and that was -definitely- not something I needed help with. So imagine my delight when I chanced upon this community, exactly what I'd been looking for :).

I figured the best way to start off was with the survey :

Your name: Brittainy

Your significant other's name: Kevin
Their age: 18

Their location: Georgia, USA
How long have you been together? I'm not actually sure. Our official anniversary (we just picked a date) is May 22nd, so let's go with almost a year. It's definitely been longer than that, but oh well.
Have you met in person? We have, but it was only for a day.
Are you in a long distance relationship at the moment? Yep.
Before you got involved in this relationship, what did you think of online love? I thought it was online love. Didn't have any extremely negative or positive feelings about it.
Are you in love? If so, when do you think it happened? I don't really know if I'm in love, to tell the truth.
What are some of your hobbies? I'm an internet junkie. Other than that I like to read, crochet (I'm horrible at it), etc.
What are some of your significant other's hobbies? He's obsessed with video games, computers, stuff like that.
What kinds of things do you both have in common/like to do together? Not much actually. The only real connection we have is the internet (I know computers, but I don't -know- them like he does).
Give a brief summary of how you met (if it's long, put it under an lj-cut): We met about 2 or so years ago in an IRC chatroom for this game I play. We had a huge argument about something silly, didn't talk for a couple months, started talking again, had another argument... this happened about 4 times. Eventually we settled down and just talked like normal people. During the time that we just talked I dated a few other guys (Kevin and I weren't really romantically involved - I knew that he liked me but I wasn't particularly interested), but eventually our friendship progressed into a romance.

• Current Mood
    happy happy