December 26th, 2006

Rantage

Hello. :)

I'm new here. Hi. Let's be good friends!

Your name: Adelaide.
Your significant other's name: Matthew.
Their age: Twenty.
Their location: Torrington CT, USA.

How long have you been together? 
I've known him for about four years, and we've been together for one and a half years.

Have you met in person? 
Twice. Once for three weeks last year, in my country, and the other time for three months last August, in his country.

Are you in a long distance relationship at the moment? 
Ha ha, I don't think my relationship can get any more long-distance than it currently is. One of us would have to go into outer space for that. :)

Before you got involved in this relationship, what did you think of online love? 
I thought it was far-fetched, but it could happen.

Are you in love? If so, when do you think it happened? 
I fell in love with Matthew long before we officially got together. It took me a whole year to admit my feelings to him. :x

What are some of your hobbies? 
I enjoy creative writing and plenty of reading. Video games and the odd game of paint ball.

What are some of your significant other's hobbies? 
Matthew is particularly good at drawing. He also loves video games as well. (We're nerds!)

What kinds of things do you both have in common/like to do together? 
We love to do nerdy things, and back when we lived together we'd spent lots of our spare time just watching movies and playing games. Sometimes I'd drag him along for walks, too. I enjoy having Matthew as a proof-reader for my creative writing. 

Give a brief summary of how you met:
That's kind of how we met, actually. We met on fanfiction.net. :D I was writing a very long piece of fiction in 2003-2004 and Matt kept on commenting on it, and I found his comments interesting and helpful so I contacted him on the IM. From then on we talked just about every day. I really started to like him, but I didn't know if he liked me back. Then, in May of 2005 I decided to just throw caution to the wind and tell him how I felt.

It turned out he liked me just as much as I liked him, and his fear of telling me that was keeping him awake most nights. With everything out in the open like that we quickly and hastily fell in love. We've met each other briefly but couldn't stay together because of international visa laws. I couldn't live with him for more than three months.

But that is bound to change soon because he proposed to me last month, in early November. I'll get to see him again in a year or two. This is a 16000 mile internet relationship that got somewhere. I'm so happy. ^_^
  • Current Music
    Wild ARMs II - Near the Seas