November 19th, 2006

OMG!

woo mod posts!

Hey kidssss,

I know I've really been sucking with this whole moderation thing. I HAVE been reading entries but haven't had a lot of time, which is why I'm lacking in comments and everything like that. I've been working on applications galore (isn't being a senior amazing?) and am currently visiting my sister at college and will be until Tuesday so I've'nt been able to get online as much as I'd like to. I'll try to get better about this whole community deal, I promise!

I just want to say a hugggeeee WELCOME!! to all the new members. I'm so happy to see so many people joining! You guys rock so much :) 

To those who are not aware of the QOTW's, we have these questions of the week. They really don't happen weekly, so don't believe the title. I try, but they're actually pretty hard to come up with. (so it'd be freaking awesome if you guys... you know... suggested questions ;)) The point of these questions is to be able to get to know each other better and also to keep the community active. Compared to all the online love communities I'm in, this is one of the most active which is really amazing to me. I love you all for it.

(Yes, I did have a reason for mentioning the QOTW and will be asking questions after I'm done rambling hahaha)

So all the newbies know, my name's Sarah. I'm 17 and am in the best relationship ever with a kid named Matt, who is 19. We've been dating since I was 14 and just met this summer (and it was the best experience of my life EVER.) Matt lives 3,000 miles from here, which is really very depressing, but I feel really lucky to be able to spend summers with him and to have the most understanding parents in the world (...my mother was the one who suggested Matt come visit, when we moved she was like "you should have Matt come up this summer, I think it's about time you meet him"... I have the best parents, hands down). That sums it up, really, but if any of you need to talk I've been in this situation for a pretty long time and am totally willing to talk to ANY of you. My AIM screenname is PrincessSarri, so give me an IM any time. I also have an INCREDIBLE co-mod who is much more quick at approving entries than I am (thank you by the way :)) named Jill, and I KNOW that she's always here for you guys as well. We're a really friendly community :-p

Now on to the QOTW!!!!

1a) If you HAVE met your SO, what advice would you give to someone who is meeting theirs? Meeting a loved one for the first time can be very scary. Did you do anything to relax that you think would help? Did you panic and wish you hadn't? How did your meet go?
1b) If you HAVE NOT met your SO, do you plan to meet soon? Why haven't you met yet? Is money the issue? Have you not told those in your life (parents, siblings, friends)? There are so many different set backs, and we're all aware. What has been the hardest part of being apart so long and not being able to see or touch each other?

2) Who was the hardest person to tell your LDR about? Why? How did they react? Are there people who you haven't told yet? What do you think their reaction will be? Elaborate, give examples.

3) What is your favorite love story of all time? It can be from a movie, a book, a tv show, a song, real life... anything. Why is it your favorite? Do you relate to the story in any way?

4) I know it's unrelated, but what are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Even if you aren't from the US/don't celebrate, you can still answer ;)
OMG!

QOTW <33

1a) If you HAVE met your SO, what advice would you give to someone who is meeting theirs? Meeting a loved one for the first time can be very scary. Did you do anything to relax that you think would help? Did you panic and wish you hadn't? How did your meet go? 
My main piece of advice is to RELAX. Don't panic! I was scared to DEATH about meeting my boyfriend for the first time. I was extremely self-conscious and thinking of the absolute worst. I think it's important to wait until you know you're ready to meet before doing it, though. I think it was extremely important for Matt and I to hold off on meeting for a few years because although it was very painful at times, it let us get to know each other very well so the initial panic after meeting didn't last too long. I do wish I was more relaxed meeting, but mostly because I felt like I was going to throw up for the first week thanks to nerves and because it just made the whole thing more stressful. My meeting was AMAZING. So if you're scared just try to chill ;) It'll be fantastic!

2) Who was the hardest person to tell your LDR about? Why? How did they react? Are there people who you haven't told yet? What do you think their reaction will be? Elaborate, give examples. 
Oh my god, telling my mom was the scariest thing ever. I really don't know what made it so hard because my mom has plenty of friends online, but just the thought that she might not approve was awful. She told me she had already figured it out on my own, and so long as I was happy, she was too. My dad found out on his own too, and he made that clear to me. I DID hold off on telling him though. It was scarier to tell my dad than my mom because he had always been very scared of the internet and my interaction with people on it. He was always so paranoid I'd run away or something silly like that. People always ask me where I met him because I make the distance part pretty clear. I still can't come out and say "the internet" because I have no idea what they'll think. I tell them we met through a mutual friend, which IS true.

3) What is your favorite love story of all time? It can be from a movie, a book, a tv show, a song, real life... anything. Why is it your favorite? Do you relate to the story in any way?
CORY AND TOPANGA. Haha I kind of love Boy Meets World more than anything ever which is part of the reason I love it the most, but it's also because they've gone through so so much and managed to be the happiest couple ever in the end. It's good to see couples struggle through things and come out on top in the end ;). I guess I kind of relate, because this whole distance deal IS a big struggle sometimes, but in the end with love and strength, we can all overpower it. I feel like I've done a lot for my relationship and have gotten over so much. It makes me proud :).

4) I know it's unrelated, but what are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Even if you aren't from the US/don't celebrate, you can still answer ;)
I'm thankful for everyone who loves me :) I'm very thankful for my baby boy and what he's given me despite our distance. I'm thankful for the charity I gave to today, and all those that I've ever given to. I'm thankful for the red cross and that I have the ability to give blood to them. I'm VERY thankful for my life and health. I'm also thankful for all you guys ;)
  • pwnie

Ankles Crossed

1a) I've never been the sort of person who gets the jitters about something until just before it happens. I packed, I got on the flight, I rode on a plane for over 20 hours. It wasn't until I was in the hotel, counting the minutes that I wanted to call it all off. The best advice I can give is to let your nervousness bring you closer. He or she is likely just as scared as you - when Tom and I met, before we said a word, we hugged and shivered for a good long while.

Other than that, have faith. It doesn't have to work right away. You're in a new situation with this person, face-to-face for the first time. It's going to be different, regardless of how long you've known eachother. Don't worry if things start slow or are awkward. Give it time.

2) For five years I kept my relationship a secret from all but my sister and a few close friends. When I became ill and was in the hospital for two months, I decided it was time to come clean. I knew my mom would be most supportive, so I went to her and she suggested that when I get better we go to visit him.

The last person to know was my father - he had no idea until I had gotten back from the trip. He has reacted better than I could have hoped, but he is still skeptical of us. Nonetheless, he is going to tolerate Tom while he stays at my mom's house this winter.

3) It's a tie between two. First, Serendipity. The movie is about two people who meet by chance and leave their relationship up to fate. The man finds the business card that the woman set free in a used book, years later, and begins to search for her. It's a story of hope and faith, believing that things happen for a reason and that everything will be okay.

Second, A Walk To Remember. Typical popular boy falls in love with a free-spirited girl and does remarkable things to win her over. When she begins to lose the battle with her leukemia, he marries her. I think everyone would like that to happen, if they were in the same position.

Also, Fools Rush In with a close third.

4) I'm thankful for my health - it's been a long battle; I'm thankful for the supportive family I have and that we're doing our best to make a tough situation work, and I'm thankful for Tom, my guiding light, my best friend, partner and soulmate. <3