August 29th, 2006

bw

Intro Post!

I'm a part of loversfaraway, and love it, so I thought it would be cool to join another group! 

Your name:
Roxanne
Your significant other's name: Kenneth
Their age: 21
Their location: Washington State as well, but his home is in California
How long have you been together? On the 16th of August, it was a year and 4 months
Have you met in person? lol yep
Are you in a long distance relationship at the moment? not anymore, thank goodness! He moved up here in Feb. of 06
Before you got involved in this relationship, what did you think of online love? Completely not for me, I always had the idea I would meet my future husband in college on the the job somewhere. But definately not online. Oh how wrong I was...
Are you in love? If so, when do you think it happened? We're lost in a sea of our love... it's amazing really. I know for him, it was the first day he met me. He says that I was everything he had ever hoped for, dreamed for, wished for. For me, it took another visit after I graduated high school to confirm my love for him back. I think I realized it when he actually flew me out to see him, and made the most out of every night we had together, eberything was so wonderful and romantic.
What are some of your hobbies? photography, singing, serving at my church and youth group, going to movies and listneing to music
What are some of your significant other's hobbies? reading, seeing movies, video games, music, and finding new yummy coffees
What kinds of things do you both have in common/like to do together? pretty much anything, we both give and take for our relationship a lot... we like to just go walking together, seeing movies, going out to eat, definately taking lots of pictures to send back to his family in California, roller blading (he's teaching me right now), we like to cook together too
Give a brief summary of how you met (if it's long, put it under an lj-cut): I swear it was fate. We were both bored one night. It was late and I had nothing to do, and he was almost done at work and taking a break. We happened to be in the same chat room that night. No one was really talking to me, and the people that were trying to, only wanted to talk about X rated things. Ken was the only guy in the entire chat room not looking for an x rated chat, so I decided to IM him. After about an hour conversation, I totally felt us click, and he said he would be on again the next night. After a few nights of talking, I convinced him to call me. The conversation was completly wonderful. We continues to talk every night for about 4 months, and then he made the long trip from southern california to western washington to meet me for the first time. We've been together since, and happier than clams about it.
UFO

New Member!

Your name: Megan

Your significant other's name: Joel

Their age: 21

Their location: Rhode Island

How long have you been together? 3 years, next month.

Have you met in person? By all means, yes.

Are you in a long distance relationship at the moment? Yes, he still lives there and I'm here--it'll continue this way until I get out of school (unless by some miracle something happens before that).

Before you got involved in this relationship, what did you think of online love? I was open-minded. All of my past relationships were up front and personal and they didn't work out, so I was open to anything, no matter how taboo it was at the time.

Are you in love? If so, when do you think it happened? Definitely. It happened when we started talking everyday on a continual basis--probably after the first year of just talking and getting to know him I think I realized how I felt about him, but I wouldn't meet him for yet another year and didn't know if I ever would at the time, so my feelings for him were a bit tough to handle at first.

What are some of your hobbies? Writing, reading, flying to RI...

What are some of your significant other's hobbies? Building his drag bike, playing guitar, riding his quad, and hanging out with his brother and best friend.

What kinds of things do you both have in common/like to do together? We like to just hang out and be ourselves together, no matter what we're doing. We both like going to shows, going to The Rez', riding quads, bumming around and watching movies, concocting massive ice cream sundaes, and snuggling up in our "spots."

Give a brief summary of how you met (if it's long, put it under an lj-cut): To make a long story short, I was up late researching for a paper I had been procrastinating on and a random IM pops up begging the question: "Do you like Grunge?" Needless to say our relationship blossomed through the interest of one of the most degredated music scenes in existence. After that initial converstaion, we ended up talking for two years through the 'net and over the phone before he went to Florida for school. I never thought I was going to meet him after that, but then one day I get a call, asking if it would be all right if he drove up (16 hrs) to see me for the weekend. He didn't tell his family about his plans to drive up to WV to see a girl he'd never met, so they ended up calling the Kissimmee police department looking for him because they thought he was abducted. Needless to say, it was an amazing weekend (despite the face that he scared the living bejesus out of his family) and we made our relationship official before he left, and it has continued ever since.

:) And that's about it!
  • Current Music
    Candlebox-Cover Me
Model - Reflection

Introduction

Your name: Cat
Your significant other's name: Aj
Their age: 14 (Eight month age diffrence.)
Their location: California
How long have you been together? One - almost two - years
Have you met in person? Not yet, but we might meet this November if luck is on our side.
Are you in a long distance relationship at the moment? Yes. Well..it's a days drive...would you call that long-distance?
Before you got involved in this relationship, what did you think of online love? I actually thought it was really weird. I was always curious. "How could two people who haven't met fall in love?" I thought it was totally bizzare and those who did it were crazy...now I think the oppisote.
Are you in love? If so, when do you think it happened?
What are some of your hobbies?
Tae-Kwon-Do, XMA, Babysitting, Writting, Reading, and Modeling for friends (  ^_^;; ) 
What are some of your significant other's hobbies? Reading, hangingout on the computer - really anything with computers - and video games.
What kinds of things do you both have in common/like to do together?  Hm...we both share a strong love for Anime, Star Wars, and Harry Potter. (I think I got lucky finding a man who loved all three.) We also enjoy the same type of music and books. Though on some occasions we enjoy the same type of movies. (He's into more Comedy and I love Romance...)
Give a brief summary of how you met (if it's long, put it under an lj-cut): ...I was really mad at my parents one day and though they had told me at least a hundred times not to talk to people I didn't know, I decided to join a very popular chat room about the Anime Inuyasha. He was one of the first people to talk to me and was actually very friendly to me. There was something about him that I was oddly attracted to, I figured it was maybe because he was one of the few people who managed to make me smile and feel special. I then took habit to talking to him every night I didn't have Tae-Kwon-Do and about two weeks after becoming friends, we were asked an intresting question: "Do you guys love each other?" it took us a while to reply. I didn't want to go out and openly admit how I felt about him. I don't know what came over me but being asked that question for the fifth time by the same person I finally said it. I quickly apologized and said that I didn't want to ruin our friendship, though he just laughed and said that he loved me to. We've been together since that day and wouldn't change a thing.
  • Current Mood
    blah blah
wrong

Overdue Update

I don't post here (or any other LDR communities often anymore) ... I get too stressed out and can't form the words I guess.

Anyways, since coming back from visiting Dave in April, things felt weird ... like distant weird. So ... what do I do? Worry and analyze ... and everything like that. Up til recently, things were fine ... we figured out a new calling pattern, not as great as before since he's now working nights ... and doesn't call me til about midnight my time ... we talk for a little bit (well a little bit compared to before ... it's still a couple hours at most). Not too long ago, earlier this month ... I started getting comments on my personal journal (which I have no turned to mostly friends only) regarding my dear boyfriend. This chick, friends with his ex, use to be his friend ... is trying to tell me he's bad news. Without getting into details, she posted a few times and then his ex decided to come and post as well ... basically trying to tell me that he's dangerous and I shouldn't be with him, blah blah blah. At this point, in their brains, they figure they are trying to help me.

Dave and I have had a lot of long talks, prior to this, during this and after this dramafest ... and I decided to move to Winnipeg (from Vancouver) by end of next summer (originally it was by end of fall but that was due to miscommunication at work).

So ... all I have to do ... is get through this year ... between now and then. It feels great now that I've decided when I hope to move by ... I just don't know how I'm going to do it!!! Something tells me it's a whole different stress level when the time nears!! LoL

Is there anyone out there that can provide me tips, advice ... you know things of that sort!! LoL

Xposted _online_love_, distant_hearts, ldr_support, loversfaraway, onlinereallove, onlineromance
  • Current Mood
    content content