July 9th, 2006

Online Relationship Advice

I found an article while looking for information regarding my upcoming engagement, wedding, and then the visa options. I came across choices for the celbrant and one very professional looking site had a link to relationship help in Australia. The site included advice for online relationship that may be common facts for some of us but not neccessarily all. Someone has accused the community of being full of unrealistic views. Maybe we don't always talk about the risks involved and sometimes we sugar coat situations. I think we should get into more discussions about these things as well. We are supposed to be able to really share on the experiences we are going thru not just make everything look peachy when we know it isn't always that way. And I think with so many people getting to meet their so's recently, activity has gone down. I am also at fault since I don't say nearly anything about my own online relationship anymore. It seems we've gotten in the habit of only talking about what we believe are significant events when really it's all significant to the rest of us so that we may feel more comfortable with our uncertainties in our own relationships. We are meant to help each other know we aren't alone...the happiness or sadness. I know I for one am having quite a few hardships in my own relationship since the frustrations of not being able to be together are getting to us. We argue and cry constantly and fear that our relationship has headed more towards sex talk and less emotions because we are afraid of more pain. In any note, I just meant to come by and give this information. It's also nice to see real sources giving validity to online relationships as they should. I hope everyone is doing wonderfully and for those who aren't, I'm sure better days are ahead. I miss you all...

Read the InfoCollapse )

*Edit: On another note, I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to help me raise money to go see my wonderful Mikey in Australia this November by advertising my new LJ shop or even purchasing something if you like. Right now I need the word spread more than anything! Thank you all.