May 15th, 2005

jersey

Question of the Week

Do you believe in "love at first sight"?
No.

Why or why not?
I don't believe someone can fall in love with looks alone. By falling in love at first sight you don't know a thing about that person other than how they look.

How long do you think you need to know someone before you fall in love with them, or is the length a factor at all?
In my psych classes they say that it takes 6 months. I believe a person needs time to fall in love. It doesn't happen over night and it doesn't happen in a few weeks. You need time with a person to know that you're in love, time well spent. I agree with the 6 month thing. I didn't know I was in love until I spent time with my SO. [Which was 8 months after we started to talk.] I don't believe someone can fall in love with words on a screen. You can be in love with the idea of being in love, or it could be a crush. But until you actually meet the person and know how you get along with them IRL then you can't be sure.

In any relationship, online or off, do you think it's better to be friends with your significant other before becoming anything more, or is better to go out with someone you don't necessarily know so well?
Being friends first. If you're friends with your [soon to be] bf/gf then it gives you time to get to know the person without feeling pressured into doing other things. There's such a great feeling about falling in love and being with your best friend. It's more personal that way since you know what you're getting yourself into.

Do you find comfort in the fact that you already know the person, or would you prefer to get to know them as you date them? Why?
Knowing the person is always good. You gotta start somewhere though. If you start off friends you can get to know the person with no pressure because they're just your friend. The hardest part is telling your friend you developed feelings for them. Surprises pop up in any relationship [either friendship or intimate]. Where as it may make you stronger as a couple, they're much easier to handle as friends. Then again, some people really enjoy a challange. :)

(no subject)

Your name: Mary
Your significant other's name: Timothy
Their age: 24
Their location: NC
How long have you been together? almost 3 years
Have you met in person? not yet
Are you in a long distance relationship at the moment? somewhat
Before you got involved in this relationship, what did you think of online love? it was silly, stupid shit
Are you in love? If so, when do you think it happened? I think I am. It was instantaneous.
Give a brief summary of how you met (if it's long, put it under an lj-cut):

screen names have been changed to protect the...well, me.Collapse )