May 8th, 2005

OMG!

(no subject)

I changed the layout, even though it looks quite lame... I was bored and decided I'd use my mod-ish control and just change it up for a while. It's probably temporary, but tell me what you think
OMG!

(no subject)

Sorry to those of you who read my last post, which I posted incorrectly. Here are the questions of the week, darlings:

What do you think, based on your own relationship/past experiences, is the best thing about having an online relationship? What about the worst (besides the fact that you don't know who's on the other end)? If your current relationship didn't work out, do you think you'd try online dating again? Why/why not?

Post these questions, along with their answers, in as much depth as you want in a new entry. If it's quite long, please please please put them behind an lj-cut.

If you have any ideas for new questions of the week, post them as a reply to this entry. Every week you'll have a new opportunity to submit questions we may use.

(no subject)

What do you think, based on your own relationship/past experiences, is the best thing about having an online relationship?

The best thing about having a relationship online i think would have to be the openess. We are forced to be honest and open about our feelings because they will not be able to pick up on your body language. I also don't take simple things for granted anymore. Walking with Matt through a mall would be as romantic as us sitting down at a nice resturant for dinner. I have to say that our best date wasn't even a date it was us going to the bookstore with his friends and sneaking out the front door and walking down to the pet store to just walk and be alone.

What about the worst (besides the fact that you don't know who's on the other end)?

The worst thing would be the unknown. I may not know the guy on the other end but its also like he could do whatever he wants and i would never know that he was screwing around. I do not like the fact that we are apart for so long and then when we are together we become comfortable and then we are taken from each others arms. When i saw Matt last weekend we spent basically friday afternoon till sunday afternoon with each other. It was a long time to be together and we were so comfortable with each other. I use to hate it when he would stand at the door while i was trying to brush my teeth but this time I am like dude just come in here and do your hair while i finsh up. I got so sick from not eating and he just sat with me in the bathroom while i was throwing up.

If your current relationship didn't work out, do you think you'd try online dating again? Why/why not?

If my relationship didn't work out i am not sure i would try it agian because it has been very tough on me. I wasn't looking for love when Matt came into my life but he did. So i can't say i would do it agian or that i wouldn't cause i don't know what is gonna happen in my life.
OMG!

(no subject)

What do you think, based on your own relationship/past experiences, is the best thing about having an online relationship?

I like that when you first meet, it's entirely based on trust and communication. A lot of relationships offline are questioned because of things like the appearance of the other person, but online a picture isn't completely necessary. You don't have to ask yourself if you're dating for the right reason because you know there isn't really a wrong one. The more you communicate, the more you get to know all the small details about a person that you may not learn otherwise. Matt hadn't seen a (good) picture of me until January, and we'd known each other for 3 years. Regardless of this, we had the closest relationship I'd ever seen two people have. Plus, since you're far away, when you do things like meet and call each other for the first time, it's so much more exciting than I'd imagine it would be otherwise.

What about the worst (besides the fact that you don't know who's on the other end)?

Distance hurts. A lot. When I got myself into this I didn't realize that he and I would be this serious. It hurts a lot sometimes... I remember once when I was on the phone with him I had a panic attack because it felt like he was there but I looked around the room and he wasn't. Sometimes you forget how far you are, especially if you constantly talk on the phone, and when you realize you can't just touch one another it's scary and very upsetting. You have to rely on faith, and sometimes it's hard to do that. I only wish I could walk across the street and hug him whenever he was sad, or kiss him on his birthday...

If your current relationship didn't work out, do you think you'd try online dating again? Why/why not?

It's hard to say; I've been in online relationships before where they didn't work out at all and yet I somehow winded up in one again. I never thought I'd go back to the internet, but I did. If it didn't work out I'd definitely wait a few years and see where life brings me before considering finding a relationship online again. Then again, I didn't ask for this, so you never know if we broke up if I met someone the same was and accidently fell for them.