___
halo_slipped
_online_love_

I'm new!

Your name: Meghan
Your significant other's name: Ryan
Their age: 22
Their location: PA
How long have you been together? 8 months in 5 days.
Have you met in person? Yes.
Are you in a long distance relationship at the moment? Yes.
Before you got involved in this relationship, what did you think of online love? I knew it could work. A close friend of mine met her husband of 5 years (so far) in a role playing chat room. My mother met my stepfather in an AOL chatroom.
Are you in love? If so, when do you think it happened? Yes. Not exactly sure, but it did happen before we were officially a couple.
What are some of your hobbies? Video games, reading, drawing, hanging out with friends.
What are some of your significant other's hobbies? Video games, hanging out with friends, pen and paper role playing, skateboarding, snowboarding
What kinds of things do you both have in common/like to do together? Play video games (guitar hero ftw), watch movies, go out with either his friends or my friends depending on what state we're in, stay in bed all day =)
Give a brief summary of how you met (if it's long, put it under an lj-cut): Short story: World of Warcraft

In 2005 I started dating someone I met over Livejournal in a community for the college I was going to start attending. He moved in with me very quickly and in December of that year we got our hands on a free trial of World of Warcraft. Needless to say, two accounts were created.
I pretty much kept to myself in the game, my boyfriend was an elitist and a guild hopper. After I hit level 60 I was bored and decided I wanted to join a guild. I didn't want to join the one my boyfriend was in because it was too hardcore for me (Manditory raiding 6 nights a week for 6 hours a night). I eventually found one and my boyfriend decided he wanted to leave his, so we both joined the same one.
It was fun, I raided, made some new friends, blahblahblah. One of my friends in the guild decided he was leaving to go back to the hardcore one my boyfriend use to be in. My friend and I both played healers and were often put on the same off-tank and had a nice system going for ourselves. I told him I was pretty upset that he was leaving but could understand why, as the guild was going downhill. So he and my boyfriend left at almost the same time for the same guild. Then about a month later my friend said he was going to quit the game, so we exchanged AIM screen names so we could keep talking. We became better friends after that and my boyfriend started becoming more of an asshole. My friend came back to the game and the guild, which I was thrilled about. More thrilled than I should have been but oh well. Then the boyfriend decided he wanted to sell his account and create a new one, and he decided I needed to as well. I LOVE my character to death, and I fought with him over it but I eventually decided to try to sell my account but I took it down a few days later and told him to screw himself I'm keeping my account. That was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back. I hadn't been really happy in the relationship for awhile.
A few weeks after the account selling business we broke up. I found out afterwards he was only with me because it was conveniant. He never fell in love with me after two years, that hurt so bad. So the day after the break up I told my friend (who knew we were having problems) what happened. His immediate response was "Hi, I'm Ryan. Nice to meet you." lol. We started talking nonstop after that.
My ex was still living with me and started teasing me about Ryan. I denied I felt anything for him (I was even denying it to myself). But about a month after the break up, I knew I was falling hard for Ryan. We started texting each other, then calling.
Six days before we were officially a couple I got this text from him while I was in school:

We were both wary of a long distance relationship but decided to make it official on September 29th. My family thought it was a little strange but they know I'm going to do what I want to do. They know I'll listen to their concerns and think about them, but ultimately what I do is my business. They weren't sure how we could be dating and living a thousand miles apart.
But the good news was that he lived two and a half hours away from my parents. When I went home for Thanksgiving my parents were fantastic enough to let Ryan pick me up from the airport and stay the weekend despite their concerns that he could be an axe murderer. It was the most wonderful weekend ever. A few days after I returned to Florida, I was on my way out the door when I saw that he had sent me a dozen roses, "just because."
Two weeks later he surprised me the day before my birthday by walking into my room! He had conspired with my roommates and got them to pick him up from the airport. Another fantastic weekend. Two weeks after that I was home for Christmas break. After I came back to Florida, two weeks later Ryan took a vacation and spent a week with me. I've seen him a couple times since then (Probably about two weeks in total since his vacation) and I'll be seeing him again next Wednesday! Then he's flying down in June to come to my graduation. After that he's coming down in July to help me move.
After I graduate I'll be moving up to PA to be with him. In a year or two we're planning on buying a condo together and we eventually want to get married. When I was home for Christmas break we were in the mall doing some shopping and he glanced at a jewelry store as we were passing it. He told me "If I had the money I'd walk into that store right now and propose to you. But you deserve the best so I'm not going to buy you a tiny ring."
He's the best thing that's ever happened to me, I've never felt like this about someone and never had someone feel like this about me. I can't wait to be with him. I never thought that a long distance relationship could work for me, but here I am!

This was incredibly long and I didn't mean it to be but I love talking about him =)
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 11 comments