Pwnie (pwnie) wrote in _online_love_,
Pwnie
pwnie
_online_love_

Ankles Crossed

1a) I've never been the sort of person who gets the jitters about something until just before it happens. I packed, I got on the flight, I rode on a plane for over 20 hours. It wasn't until I was in the hotel, counting the minutes that I wanted to call it all off. The best advice I can give is to let your nervousness bring you closer. He or she is likely just as scared as you - when Tom and I met, before we said a word, we hugged and shivered for a good long while.

Other than that, have faith. It doesn't have to work right away. You're in a new situation with this person, face-to-face for the first time. It's going to be different, regardless of how long you've known eachother. Don't worry if things start slow or are awkward. Give it time.

2) For five years I kept my relationship a secret from all but my sister and a few close friends. When I became ill and was in the hospital for two months, I decided it was time to come clean. I knew my mom would be most supportive, so I went to her and she suggested that when I get better we go to visit him.

The last person to know was my father - he had no idea until I had gotten back from the trip. He has reacted better than I could have hoped, but he is still skeptical of us. Nonetheless, he is going to tolerate Tom while he stays at my mom's house this winter.

3) It's a tie between two. First, Serendipity. The movie is about two people who meet by chance and leave their relationship up to fate. The man finds the business card that the woman set free in a used book, years later, and begins to search for her. It's a story of hope and faith, believing that things happen for a reason and that everything will be okay.

Second, A Walk To Remember. Typical popular boy falls in love with a free-spirited girl and does remarkable things to win her over. When she begins to lose the battle with her leukemia, he marries her. I think everyone would like that to happen, if they were in the same position.

Also, Fools Rush In with a close third.

4) I'm thankful for my health - it's been a long battle; I'm thankful for the supportive family I have and that we're doing our best to make a tough situation work, and I'm thankful for Tom, my guiding light, my best friend, partner and soulmate. <3
Tags: qotw: answer
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment