Ever had writer's block? You know how frustrating it is when you want to write and yet no words come out? I get like this at times and once picked sentences and lines out of a book to get me writing again. I was surprised by how well it really worked. So I decided to make a community for one-lined inspirations.
Here's how it works:
1. The moderators will be the one posting the lines, just to keep this community neat and so that there aren't many lines floating around all over the place. However, if anyone ever wants to donate a line (because sometimes I even get line block), feel free to drop me an e-mail, preferably with the community name in the subject and your username so that I can give you credit for it.
2. A line will be posted and you will have to incorporate that in your work, whether that be a poem, story, prose, song, whatever. The line doesn't always have to be the first line to your work, so long as it is in your writing and is what inspired you to write it.
3. You will have approximately a week to finish and after that, another line will then be posted. If you are paranoid about posting your work, post it in a friends only entry. Please post very long entries behind an lj-cut.
4. After a new line has been posted please refrain from posting any work related to the previous line.
5. You may comment on/critique or offer constructive criticism to other people's work, but remember to be respectful. The moment I see someone being rude, they will be booted out of the community.
6. Lastly, no plagiarism of any kind. This will definitely get you banned.