gl00myheartxx (gl00myheartxx) wrote in _notso_ordinary,
gl00myheartxx
gl00myheartxx
_notso_ordinary

I'd rather be anything but ordinary

THE MANDATORY STUFF.
Name; Preferred Name: Blair
Nickname(s) -- How did you earn them?: My main nickname is Blairzee. My dad's best friend started calling me that when I was 2. My dad went through a lot with him, and when he died, it was especially sad. It's always nice to hear Blairzee.
Astrological Sign: Capricorn
Do you have a job? Do you go to school? Do you do both? Tell us about it: I am currently a Sophmore in high school. I do not have a job yet, but I am planning to get one next summer. I'm hoping to work at a clothing store to start out.
Tell us one thing about you that you think EVERYONE should know: I love to talk =D

THESE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...
Movie(s): A Beautiful Mind, The Virgin Suicides, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, My Neighbor Totoro, Whisper of the Heart, Spirited Away, Princess Monomoke
TV Show(s): Law and Order, CSI: Las Vegas, LOST, Fresh Prince of Bell Air, A Different World
Book(s): The Truth About Forever, This Lullaby, Angus Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging
Band(s)/ Singer(s)/ Composer(s): The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, The Format, Hellogoodbye, The Fray, Boy Kill Boy
Games (video games, board games, or otherwise): Final Fantasy and Dance Dance Revolution
Food(s): Muffins, Strawberries, Bananas, Cheerios, Turkey Sandwiches and Pecans
Drink(s):Banana Smoothies and Orange Juice
Quote: "You are my everything..." I know it's short, but it says it all...

MORE! MORE! WE WANT TO KNOW MORE!
Explain the story/ meaning behind your LJ username: Right now I am going through a very emotional time. I recently started dating my best friend and am not completely happy with our relationship. To be honest, I think we should date other people but I really want to give him a chance. He is the sweetest boy in the world and I do really like him. My username says gloomy heart, because right now, my heart is pretty sad.
If you were given the chance, what personality trait and what physical trait would you change about yourself? I wish I didn't care what other people thought about me. I just want to be comforable enough with myself that I don't need the opinions of others to live by. I would love to change the size of my face. I think I have a rather large head.
What are some of your pet peeves? Bad table manners bother me >.< I can't stand loud, cow, chewing and eating non-finger food with your fingers.
We all have guilty pleasures. What is (are) yours? Chocolate moose cake...MMMmmm...
What song or set of lyrics best represents you? "Hold your head high heavy heart.
So take a chance and make it big,
Cause it's the last you'll ever get.
If we don't take it, when will we make it?
I make plans to break plans,
And I've been planning something big, planning something big, planning."
One moment that has changed/affected your life: I think the death of my grandmother affected my life greatly. The way she died was so upsetting. It was Christmas Eve and my dad kept calling her house. He called my cousin who lived nearby to call the police to check things out. Apparently she had been dead in her apartment for 3 weeks. This was the first time I had cried over a death and the first time I saw my dad emotionally break down.
What are some of your goals and ambitions for the future? Be sure to include one thing you absolutely want to do before you die: Lets see...I love art and baking, so I thought that cake decorating would be a great thing for me to do in the future. I want to major in Fine Art and take a minor in Graphic Design. Before I die, I want to publish a book of poetry. I also want to donate money to an animal shelter because I believe that all animals deserve a loving home.
Which words best describe you? Ambitious, Sincere, Organized, Sarcastic, Fun
If you could travel back (or forward) in time, what time period would you choose to travel to and why? I would love to travel to the future, anytime in the future. I would want to see how things that people are doing on this planet now are affecting the future. For example, the war with Iraq, global warming, and oil drilling.
What is the kindest thing you've done for another without asking or expecting anything in return? I baked a batch of cookies for my friend after her boyfriend broke up with her. I know it's corny, but she loved them.

EVERYONE HAS ISSUES.
Choose 5 of the opinion prompts below. There are suggestions after some of the prompts. Please do not feel that you have to discuss all of the suggestions; you don't have to address any of them if that's your prerogative. They are there simply to provoke thought.

• Reproductive Issues: I believe that the woman has the right to choose whether or not to have an abortion. Although, if she is getting an abortion because she does not think she can take care of the child, then I think adoption is a better choice. I don't think you should kill a child before it has a chance to live with a loving family.
  • Religion: Just to put it out there, I am athiest, but I do respect all religions. I have full respect for all religions and their practices. The only thing that I have an objection to is the fact that some people want to incorporate religion into public schools. I don't think this is right, but in schools, there is a melting pot of all sorts of religions, and practicing just one would not be fair to the rest. I believe that religion should be left at the house or worship or at home, not in an educational facility.
  • Legal Drinking Age (Should there be an a legal drinking age? If so, what should it be? Why?): I believe that there should be a legal drinking age. Young children do not know how to handle themselves with alcohol, then again, nither do some adults. To put it in a different way, children below the age of 18 should not drink alcohol because they're bodies are still maturing and the alcohol can disturb the process.
  • Gay rights: I believe that if you love the person, then you should have the right to marry them. It is your personal feelings that make you love them. The government should not stop lovers from marrying just because they are the same gender. I also believe that same-sex couples have the right to adopt children. If they feel that their love is strong, then go ahead, adopt a child.
  • Censorship (Censorship in the media, Government censorship): I believe that everyone has the right to express themselves the way they wish. I also believe that everyone is entitled to listen to everyone elses opions. Certain opinions should not be hidden from certain people. Everyone has the right to know. Just because you hear someones opinion, doesn't mean your going to automatically agree with it because everyone has opinions of their own. The only people that should be protected from obseen language and other inappropriate things are small children. They should enjoy their carefree lives while they can =) What I'm basically saying is don't show a murder story in a room full of 5 year olds.

Pick a topic, not listed above, about which you feel strongly. Tell us your opinion on it, and why you feel sto strongly about it. To be honest, my strongest opinion is about gay marraige.

Now, tell us one topic that you wish people would simply stop talking about and let us know why: I wish people would stop talking about Bush. A lot of people think he's a complete idiot, which I agree with, but that's all I hear in school. Bush did this, Bush did that... I know he is one of the things to talk about, but I wish people would have more to say then just the fact that he doesn't do a good job. Why doesn't he do a good job? I'd like to hear some opinions.

FLEX THAT IMAGINATION MUSCLE!
    (Choose at least 1 prompt below.)

• Post an original work. This can be a poem, short story, drawing, painting, link to a sound clip, etc. Wow us with your talent.
    The unknown eyes have captured me,
    There was nothing I could do,
    The watery pools of sadness,
    Could do nothing more than stare,
    They glistened in the moonlight telling stories of my troubles,
    And when I cried they poured out dreams,
    Broken from the nightmares,
    The unknown eyes have swallowed me,
    And I could only wait and see.

THE BEGINNING OF THE END.
    Where/from whom did you hear about us? LJ Search for rating communities
    The community name is Not So Ordinary. So, tell us what makes you not so ordinary: I am slowly getting over my insecuties and am discovering that I'm more than I thought I was.
    Why do you want to join this community? I want to be able to talk about life and my feelings with others. I don't really have many people to confide in so I am hoping to find some here.
    Any last words? Yay? Corny I know.
  • Subscribe
    • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 8 comments