July 4th, 2005

BUTCH-tarnished

some issues

It has been brought to my attention that we've had a few things happen in our past vote this last week.
I believe that someone has been using multiple LJ accounts to vote for their own icons. This happened at another community, and someone brought it up to me. I am not positive that it happened here, but I have a feeling that it did. I never turned on the IP logger because I trusted all of the community members to not take cheating to this level.

I pride myself in making this a good challenge community, but when I find out that someone has most likely been cheating I do not appreciate it. The idea of a challenge is to make it fair to all members. I am deeply sorry if it has effected anyone here, but I don't know what I can do at this point... the voting is over... but if members feel strongly we could vote again for the last set of icons. So this is the point where I ask you for your opinions and what you think we/I should do. I know I'm the mod, but I want everyone to have an equal chance and I feel that this might not have happened in the past week.

For those of you who have always been honest (and that's pretty much most of you), thank you again for continuing to make this community great with your participating.

(All comments to this post will be screened. Speak your mind, I don't mind. Give me some ideas, and I hope we can get this settled/under control.)

FYI: One thing that will be changed is you MUST be a member of the community to enter/win challenges (FROM NOW ON).
BUTCH-tarnished

Resolve face

"There's no use arguing with me. Do you see my resolve face? You've seen it before. You know what it means. This can help Buffy. If we turn Angel back soon enough, we can stop him from ever awakening Acathla." -Willow

Thank you to those of you who commented on the receint happenings here at the community. As of right now I'm going to change a few things about the community, you may call it being more strict, but I think it might be needed for awhile.

NEW/MORE ENFORCED RULES in effect RIGHT NOW
-You MUST be a member of the community to enter/win challenges, if you are not.. your icons WILL be disqualified
-When voting you can only vote under ONE LJ account, if you entered icons, it's the one you entered them on
-NO voting for youself, if you do your votes will not count and your icons will be disqualified
-When voting, I post it for friends only, so you MUST be a member to vote/see the voting

--I will probably be changing up the voting techniques for awhile, to ensure complete fairness
--ANYONE that is caught breaking ANY of these rules (or the old ones as well) WILL BE BANNED FROM THE COMMUNITY

I don't think I forgot anything else... but that's why it's nice to be able to edit your post, ha.

From everyone's opinions, I think we are just going to move on with the challenges. I think it's silly to throw salt on the wounds and bring up the voting and everything again. We'll just leave the votes as they were... water under the bridge at this point. The lovely stepinsidelove will make banners this week and we'll move on with our lives... sound ok? I hope so. Let's start fresh and new and keep the community running! :)