?

No account? Create an account
Haunted Night OOC -- Day [entries|friends|calendar]
Haunted Night OOC

[ website | Haunted Night RPG ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ calendar | livejournal calendar ]

[10 Sep 2005|12:18am]
Jake, you are one sick fuck...and I luvs it :)
2 deaths| why won't they die ?

Well, this is just peachy. [10 Sep 2005|01:40am]
I've been alerted that a few people are angered by my lack of posting in the past week or so. I would just like to let you know that I am very annoyed by the void of compassion that is showed by said people. I do have a real life and real life obligations, much like most of you I would assume. It so happens that I work at a high school in the beginning of the school year, which occurred when I went back to Florida, is the busiest time for me. I have to catch up with old students and make time in my schedule for a whole new group. It's a hard transition and it takes a little time. I am I think ready to start giving more attention to the group but I know for a fact that it has been made clear, by my good friend Izzy, to a few of you that I am still here just busy. I don't know about all of you but in my life obligations like my work come first and games and fun things come second. Please don't be childish about these things and let me do what I need to in order to keep my job and real life in order. I have given permission to the ones in the scenes in which I can be auto-ed to do so in order to not hold that scene up. And in my understanding of the rules you have three weeks of no activity or notice of what you are doing when you are gone before any administrative action is to be taken. Like I said before this is my real life and my job and I take that more seriously than I do any game no matter how much fun I have in it which I do in this one. Now if all goes well I shall have caught up on my posts by tomorrow in the mean time give me some leeway as I don't believe I have actually done anything that is against the rules.

To all who this does not pertain to I do apologize for putting it in here but I didn't know of any other real way of making my point.

Thank you.
11 deaths| why won't they die ?

[10 Sep 2005|02:05pm]
[ mood | relaxed ]

Alright everyone, I should have done this earlier and I am sorry that I didn't. I mentioned this earlier in my reply to Chris and I'm just go over it here just so everyone can see.

As you may have noticed Jake and I have no qualms about enforcing rule #2 (Link). I thought perhaps I should explain it a bit more though.

The three week rule encompasses both _haunted_night and _night_ooc and is enforced only when there has been no sign of a player on either board for over three weeks. What I mean is, if you haven't posted on _haunted_night in three weeks but you have posted on _night_ooc in that time period, or vice visa, you've posted on _haunted_night but not on _night_ooc then you do not have to worry about breaking rule 2 because we will consider such posts as a sign that the player is still interested.

It is when you have not post on either board in three weeks that we get concerned and post a warning and if we can we will try to email or IM the player. In fact if the player emails or IM either of the mods, then we accept that too. In fact even if another player lets us know that the person is still interested then that's fine.

However if a player still doesn't contact us after three weeks are up and after the three day warning period is up then we will enforce this rule. But honestly, if you are so busy that you can't take five minutes to just post something like "Yeah still here, can't post, auto-play me" in a three week period then maybe you shouldn't be playing this game.

As of this moment though, no player is breaking the three week rule, one or two may be have been gone a week but that's not against the rules so don't worry about it.

You may be asking, why is this three week rule such a big deal ? Well as some of you know, this game was developed from another RPG known as sum_ofall_fears, in fact some of you are former players from that game. Jake and I feel that one of the reason that game died is because people disappeared without any notice to the other players and there would be long periods of waiting on other players. So we decided that in order to keep the game going and keep people posting in some form we would have this rule and enforce it, so that others took it seriously. Yes, this is just a game but a lot of effort has been put into it both by the mods and the players and we want to do whatever we can to keep it going.

Now I'm sure some of you are thinking, "What if people are holding up a thread for a week or so, what then ?"

Well, I'm pretty sure I posted this earlier on _night_ooc but I'll say it again.
There is no posting order. If you want to wait for someone else to post before you do, then fine. In fact it's clear that many people are doing this, I myself am trying to stick to it in some threads out of politeness. But people are not required to follow a posting order and you do not have to wait for someone else to post if you do not want to. Of course, as a side note, if you are talking to another character it does help to wait for them to response but ultimately it's up to you.

I think that's everything but chances are that it is not. Either way, if there is a problem, you have questions or concerns or you disagree with something we've said, feel free to comment.

In the words of O-Ren Ishii: "I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo."

2 deaths| why won't they die ?

navigation
[ viewing | September 10th, 2005 ]
[ go | previous day|next day ]