?

No account? Create an account

19 January 2012 @ 04:48 pm
Introduction post  
I'm so glad I found this community. You'll probably notice that I'm not the most active lj-er but behind my laptop I'll be biting my nails waiting for news on Nell.
Funny, seems a bit like destiny (if I believed in destiny) that I re-discovered them just in time for their comeback. I picked up "The Trace" on a trip to Korea two summers ago, and a lot of different, precious memories have tied to Part2 since then. By now, I know all the words to that song but somehow, I've never listened to any other album (out of fear of being disappointed? How can any other song come close to the beauty of Part2?). I got a hold of "Let it rain" recently and am completely overwhelmed. *___* No disappointment, just awe.
Originally, I listened - still do - to a lot of underground American rock, punk and even metal bands but my fave bands aren#t very active atm. I got introduced to k-pop, and as much as I love those guys... that's nothing to be passionate about musically. Now that I know Nell, I've got a band that can fill this gap, a band I can pour all my music-starved heart into. ♥
Sorry if this was tl;dr and basically a love letter to Nell.
In short, hi everyone! Nice to meet you
Tags:

80slitenite: night hearts80slitenite on January 19th, 2012 05:05 pm (UTC)
This was really lovely <3
Welcome to the comm!^^

eoryndal: Myungsooeoryndal on January 24th, 2012 09:27 pm (UTC)
thank you ^^
gaaah, I'm so stoked for their comeback!!!
bethieboo1688: talk play and lovebethieboo1688 on January 20th, 2012 08:04 am (UTC)
i love all their songs. personally fave is "it's okay" "stay" "goodnight" and "peter pan died"

i hope you really enjoy this process of discovery of their music.
^^ you're lucky you kinda get to start when they make their comeback. i started just as they were going into the army ^^
eoryndal: Myungsooeoryndal on January 24th, 2012 10:01 pm (UTC)
Stay is so beautiful *___* Haven't listened to the other three yet. I still can't get over the perfection of their songs. I have to take it slow or I'll burst ^^
(Song of a ghost is on of my favourites at the moment. I cried when I read the lyrics. They're simple but so strong at the same time and they remind me of a person I lost. The song makes me believe that we can still feel the people we lost as long as we keep them/the memories of them in our hearts ;___; Sorry for turning this into a sad comment suddenly.)

I will enjoy it, definitely. I'm drawing it out as long as I can to savour every moment <3
bethieboo1688: music she saved my lifebethieboo1688 on January 25th, 2012 03:05 am (UTC)
i'm sorry you lost someone. just read the lyrics for song of a ghost and i'm totally with you. generally their songs are my content music where whenever i get a lil... moody i put their songs on repeat and find myself in a nice content place.