?

No account? Create an account

26 October 2011 @ 11:04 pm
New to Nell  
I just found Nell half an hour ago. Downloaded and devoured Separation Anxiety and I must say, theirs is possibly the most beautiful music I have ever come across in a foreign language. I mean, I thought TVXQ was the best Korea could offer, since autotuned music repels me largely and though I have absolutely nothing against bands like Big Bang or SHINee or MBLAQ, their music just doesn't touch me. Neall, on the other hand...The first song I listened to was Gieogeul geotneun sigan. And it has left me speechless. Its been a long while since I've found a song that embodies that euphemism, "Melody has no language". I love you, Nell. Thank you for music that breathes.

I'm new here. Both to Livejournal and to the community. Hello everyone!

alesisplatformfire on October 27th, 2011 01:19 pm (UTC)
Welcome! Nell has been one of my favorites for years now. I really suggest listening to their EP "The Trace" if you're new, it's absolutely incredible and their acoustic vesion of "Part 2" is really nice.
graphitti_heartgraphitti_heart on October 27th, 2011 01:30 pm (UTC)
Thank you. I certainly will. I only wish it was easier getting their music legally in India.
ユンホは ジェジュンの中にいたまま、 寝ました。: jae - mindharu_ran on October 27th, 2011 03:24 pm (UTC)
Welcome! :D
I know Nell myself for a year now and can totally understand why you've fallen for them. ^^
graphitti_heartgraphitti_heart on October 27th, 2011 03:28 pm (UTC)
Thank you so much! And I love love love your journal. God, if I wasn't psychologically lunacy-ed over Jaejoong, I'd be a YunJae fan myself. Not that I am not. YunJae forever!
ユンホは ジェジュンの中にいたまま、 寝ました。: jae - microharu_ran on November 16th, 2011 01:18 pm (UTC)
*haha* Well, thank you. And I'm glad to meet another JaeJoong/YunJae fan in here. 8D♥
Teresaanon_chan on October 28th, 2011 02:43 am (UTC)
welcome! I'm glad Nell has captured your attention. get the other albums! ^^
graphitti_heartgraphitti_heart on October 29th, 2011 07:19 am (UTC)
Thank you so much :)
angelique: 비스트 hyunseung ≡ nooooooo. no. no. no.izon_no_niwa on October 29th, 2011 08:19 am (UTC)
Hi! I suggest that you try finding their older albums :)
It's hard to find a favorite song!

Have you seen this video? http://youtu.be/wE0ptn0CS_g
It's a live version of 믿어선 안될 말 (Words You Can't Trust). It's pretty epic ;o;
So far, they have 3 versions of this song over their discography. (I love them all.)

And Kim Jongwan's English is impeccable. Their covers are amazing.
Here's their cover of Nothing Compares To You: http://youtu.be/7cn4ZlqwOnE

They are magical *___*

Welcome to LiveJournal! :)
graphitti_heartgraphitti_heart on October 29th, 2011 08:23 am (UTC)
I just found a someone who posted their entire discography online, so I'm good to go. Of course, I'll buy the albums from yesasia. I need to save up first though. But thank you for the video. I really don't understand why Nell isn't more appreciated all over the world. C'mon, I like Suju and everything, but these guys have what you call actual musical aptitude and talent. They don't need autotuning, thank you. -Sigh-
angelique: 샤이니 taemin ≡ hmmm okay.izon_no_niwa on October 29th, 2011 08:55 am (UTC)
You might want to consider that Nell has been around longer than the kpop bands this generation knows. The band members also had military duties to fulfill that removed them from the entertainment scene for quite a while. They didn't experience the tumblr boom or having HD videos on youtube, unlike what we have now.

Of course, now they can be considered legends hehe. And being "popular" can remove some sincerity to your work...

Have you listened to Brown Eyed Soul? :)
graphitti_heartgraphitti_heart on October 29th, 2011 09:25 am (UTC)
Its really reassuring to hear you say that. Its just that I'd rather have been introduced to korean music through the likes of them rather than 2PM [Fly to Seoul..yea, I know]. I mean it seems unfair that while SNSD and Suju and B2ST are being showcased in Europe and America, Nell isn't. They really deserve more. I'm not too up-date-date on activities of artists; I just listen to the music, so I don't know; Have they ever toured beyond Korea?

I do agree that the finicky popularity does take away much of the integrity but still...

I haven't. Do you recommend??

And the video was insane. Thank you so so much!
angelique: 비스트 hyunseung ≡ I love you forever.izon_no_niwa on October 29th, 2011 11:03 am (UTC)
All I can say is that the band is currently inactive. They are under woollim ent, the same company Infinite is in. It's not like woollim is a big company. For bands, the demand isn't high and they have more control over their music than the fast churned-out boy groups :)

idk, they have done their part. idk if they would still return to the music scene. But I really hope they would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsDkBnPoGA4 - something from brown eyed soul. lots of soothing music.
graphitti_heartgraphitti_heart on October 29th, 2011 11:07 am (UTC)
Why is it that good bands keep going on hiatus while stuff like SS501 is turning around like 500 albums a year. Seriously, so unfair. I really liked Inifnite's comeback song Before the Dawn, but the rest of their music is pretty typical. I am so so tired of the boy-loves-girl crappy vocals. And I hate SM for causing the one mainstream group that had vocals to back up their abs, to split. Damn it, I miss TVXQ. Its horrible to see them going from Love in the Ice to Get Out and Keep Your Head down. -mopes-

Btw, is your userpic Changmin?
angelique: 비스트 hyunseung ≡ THE DEFINITION OF CUTE.izon_no_niwa on October 29th, 2011 11:32 am (UTC)
nope, it's B2ST's Hyunseung :)

ummmmm don't worry, if you know where to look, you can still find other active bands. Though I can't find groups with similar vocals as with Nell, you'd certainly find other groups with soothing music. k-indie is the way to go!

Not to mention that Sunggyu, Infinite's lead vocalist, has covered 기억을 걷는 시간 (Time of Collecting My Memories) a lot on radio.
graphitti_heartgraphitti_heart on October 29th, 2011 11:38 am (UTC)
Yay! And I do like B2ST. Fiction is one of my favorite songs. But I'm just glad Korea has more to offer.
ユンホは ジェジュンの中にいたまま、 寝ました。: jongwan - hushharu_ran on November 17th, 2011 11:21 am (UTC)
Oh! Can I ask where you found that discography? I'm still missing 3 albums and don't know where to find them. >_____
graphitti_heartgraphitti_heart on November 17th, 2011 06:09 pm (UTC)
Nell discography
Here. Thanks to this awesome page by this awesome person, all of Nell is safely resting with me. Remember to thank her for it! Hope it works! Have fun and Yay!

http://adventurecargo.livejournal.com/926.html#cutid1
ユンホは ジェジュンの中にいたまま、 寝ました。: minsoo - ;w;haru_ran on November 18th, 2011 11:12 am (UTC)
Re: Nell discography
Thanks a bunch. :DD♥