The Origin of Love (maxwelldemon96) wrote in _moviereview,
The Origin of Love
maxwelldemon96
_moviereview

The Da Vinci Code

The Da Vinci Code - Ron Howard's adaptation of the infamous novel in which Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) and Sophie Neveu (Audrey Tautou, a favorite of mine) unmask a mystery involving Mary Magdalene's place in the Catholic Church, and the finding of theHoly Grail. I've been told by nit-picks that I don't include enough plot details. You want a total synopsis, see the movie.

Anywho, Lot of big names in this one, andnot coincidently, a lt of good performances. Hanks does well as Langdon, and Tautou even better as Neveu. Ian McKellen has great fun with his screen time and is quite good at clearing through lengthy exposition (There's quite a bit in this movie, but it's all done quite well). There's suspense and intrigue, and no one is quite who they say they are. It kept me on my toes for the movie's two and a half hour run. Jean Reno and Alfred Molina have slightly less time on screen and bring strong support to the table. Paul Bettany is quite shocking and scary in his role as Silas.

The film is about 98% fiction, but personally I've always wondered why we've promoted Jesus into a deity. "Does mortaility take away the splendor of his deeds?" is one of the themes the film goes into, and it really makes you think.

I have not read the book, but I am told that this was pretty much the same expierience. If you liked the book, you'll like the movie. If you haven't read the book, give this film a run. It's a summer blockbuster suspense movie that makes you think. I couldn't have asked for more. This film gets an
A-
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments