December 28th, 2004

Application

Name: Sheena

Sex: Female

What type of music do you listen to?: Soul, Hip Hop, R&B, Jazz, Classical, Alternative Rock, Bhangra...Actually, this list could go on and on. I love music, and I love to listen to anything with a beat that makes me feel, for lack of better word,  "good."

What do you do in your spare time?: Read, Write, Student activist for human rights, Piano, Jog, Dance (well, occasionally), Discuss religion, philosophy, history and politics, Debate, Draw, Movies and, of course, eat and sleep =)

Favorite Movie: I have five favorite movies (sorry!) : Devdas (an Indian film), Les Miserables (I also love the play), Life is Beautiful, Finding Neverland and Dancer in the Dark.

Favorite Food: This is going to sound very, well, bizarre, but I like--no, wait,  I LOVE--tomatoes. Any dish with these juicy delights in them makes a great meal for me!

Opinions

Drugs: I have never taken and will never take drugs. My body is sacred to me, and I wish to take care of it. However, I do not consider people who do take drugs as "bad." I don't believe a "good" and "evil" exist, but that's approaching a whole different subject. In short, I believe that to choose to take anything that is harmful to you and your body is a poor decision made, however as a firm believer in human rights, that is your choice and you have all the right in America to use drugs.

Drinking: I have vowed to never drink an alcoholic beverage. Again, this is not because I think if I do so it'll make me a "bad" person, but I just don't want to deal with something that has the potential to ruin my life if I, being a human being, overdo it. Basically, the same answer as above.

Suicide: Sadly enough, I have tried this many times before in my life as have many people I know and love dearly. I have come to the realization that to commit suicide is a very selfish act, though I do sympathize with the feelings felt that lead to such a fatal decision. When you kill yourself, though you are now free from your earthly pain, you have left behind loved ones who will never get over your loss. Death is forever; once you commit suicide, your life is over and there's no going back. It's hard, I know, but you also have to realize that "this (your pain) too shall pass." There are others out there who have gone through far worse and still live today; you can too.
Politically however, I believe people have a right to choose whether or not they want to live. Therefore, I do not believe that suicide should be an illegal act. It is their, the person wishing to commit the act, life, after all, but I will always strongly encourage people not to do so.

Random

What's the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?: Hmm...Probably deciding to move to London, though I moved back to California (where I live now and was born) a year later!

Your dream job: Oh, wow, I have so many...I'd love to be a human rights activist, a journalist, an European Art History professor, an author and a Pediatrician.... all at the same time...=)

I have very few photos of me on my computer...I'm not sure if the third will show, please let me know if it doesn't. Thanks!

<td width="155" valign="middle" align="center" colspan="1" rowspan="2"></td> I'm at the utmost left...<td height="201" colspan="4"></td>

<td width="232" valign="middle" align="center" colspan="3" rowspan="1">

</td><td height="159" colspan="1"></td> Edit: Third photo-http://us.share.geocities.com/svasani@sbcglobal.net/shagufta.bmp Edit 2: Two photos here: http://www.geocities.com/svasani@sbcglobal.net/randomphotos.html First and last pic is of me Still working on getting the third up :(