Rev. Syung Myung Me (revme) wrote in _mixtape_,
Rev. Syung Myung Me
revme
_mixtape_

• Music:

I'm new!

Hi! I'm a big fan of the mixtape (though I tend to prefer CDs or online mixes, but, well, I'm one of those guys who considers anything in a car that plays music a "tapedeck" so, y'know...). I've posted some stuff to Art of the Mix because it's pretty fun to see what other folks' mixes are, but I'm also one of the folks who works on the Mixtape Wiki over at Your Subculture Soundtrack (well, I work on the rest of it, too). Anyway, though, I just like that idea, since it's cool to have people who are the type who write notes about songs they choose for their mixtapes to be able to have the song-notes all cross-referenced. Sorta like, if I put a song on a mixtape of mine, and you put the same one on one of yours, someone else can see what each of us have to say about that song -- getting different points of view on it.

So, one of the things we've been doing is putting in a bunch of albums so folks can review those, too. But, what that does is on the wanted pages list, brings up a bunch of songs. So, to get those off, what I did was compile a mix of those songs. But to make it interesting, I went with non-standard versions where I could; live versions, demos, remixes, etc. (See, I'm actually getting to the point!) It's downloadable here (100MB Zip), and the notes are here.

They Might Be Giants - Istanbul (Not Constantinople) (Brownsville Remix)
DEVO - Girl U Want (Tank Girl Vocal Version)
They Might Be Giants - Don't Let's Start (Demo Version)
The Minus 5 - I'm Not Bitter (Album)
The Residents - Teddy Bear (Live)
Barnes & Barnes - Fish Heads (Power Salad Remix)
DEVO - Uncontrollable Urge (Demo)
They Might Be Giants - (She Was A) Hotel Detective (1985 Demo Tape Version)
The Residents - Don't Be Cruel (Remix)
They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul (Live With The Tonight Show Orchestra)
The Residents - Hello Skinny (Live)
DEVO - Jocko Homo (Live Acoustic)
DEVO - Come Back Jonee (Live)
They Might Be Giants - Particle Man (Live On XM)
DEVO - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (E-Z Listening)
The Residents - Constantinople (Live)
The Residents - This Is A Man Man Man's World (Live)
They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng (Live)
The Flying Lizards - Money (Full Album Version)
DEVO - Gates Of Steel (Demo)
The Young Fresh Fellows - Young Fresh Fellows Theme (Live)
DEVO - Whip It (E-Z Listening)
DEVO - Mongoloid (Live)

It's not as good as some mixes I've done, just because of the varying natures of these songs, but, if you're a fan of the acts, it might be kind of interesting. And, well, I'll have better mixes later! So, anyway, though, hope you dig it!
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments