&&the lion fell in love with the lamb. .♥. (xsavvyxsweetsx) wrote in _mega_mints_,
&&the lion fell in love with the lamb. .♥.
xsavvyxsweetsx
_mega_mints_

• Mood:
  • Music:

hmm :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

hope you liked them ! :)

**ALSO**

"MEG WHITE may be the most unfairly maligned drummer since Ringo Starr. But a couple of fans are giving her a chance to show what she can do -- without her White Stripes partner, Jack White.

[Bob Odenkirk] and [Alan Elliott] could perhaps have stayed in Hollywood and gotten a studio musician to play in the style of Meg White. But Elliott says it would not have been the same. And his concept for the score was to hark back to the glory days of Henry Mancini or Quincy Jones: not simply to have musicians play in appropriate styles, but to get the actual musicians known for the styles. To that end, he also wrote some pieces evoking the sound of Queens of the Stone Age -- and got the Queens to play it.

"Quincy Jones or Henry Mancini would get the popular players of the time, great jazz and pop musicians, to play the score," Elliott says. "The modern-day equivalent would be having rock stars come in and play part of the score. With the Queens, I wrote a thing and they loved it and played it, and it will be the main titles music now. For Meg we thought of the character. He's got a certain swagger, and Bob and I were talking about it and he said, 'It's kind of a White Stripe, Meg White kind of thing. So we went after Meg, and she said yes."" source: http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/918693241.html?dids=918693241:918693241&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Oct+30%2C+2005&author=Steve+Hochman&pub=Los+Angeles+Times&desc=POP+EYE UNFORT the original news atricle is no longer available without paying $$.. ;;mumbles angrily;;

BUT i IMDB'd the movie. and heres the title: You Are Going To Prision [2006]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454987/

i cannot WAIT. the original article said the style of drumming was different than how she usually plays, and that at times she was so into her playing that he [bob, the director] could not grab her attention. eek! <3

Tags: meg, movie score?
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 5 comments