Lokai (bliss089) wrote in _massagetherapy,
Lokai
bliss089
_massagetherapy

Getting started

Hello!

I am curious in starting a career in the massage therapy field and have a couple of questions.

1. When looking for a school, what should someone be looking for? This is where I plan to go: http://east-westschool.com/home/
2. I plan on getting my education in IA, then move to PA to start my career. How would that transition work as far as licensing goes? Is this not a wise choice?

My family lives in PA and I've found a nice school here and would like to continuing working at my job until I am ready to move and save up money...all that good stuff. I'm 21 and haven't been in college for about 3 years. I only went to community college for a year in Gen Ed.

Also, any other tips or any thing at all regarding starting an education in massage therapy would be great. I would be glad to take opinions from professionals :).

Thanks a bunch!
Tags: licensing, schools
Subscribe

• (no subject)

I have read the website over and over, but what I need is someone to sit down with me and explain what, EXACTLY, I need to do to become a licensed…

• MBLEx

I graduated from the massage therapy program at the Aveda Institute Minneapolis earlier this month and have just moved to Oregon, where I must be…

• these hands are licensed!

I passed the state exam this past Friday! I'm legal baby!

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 5 comments