'stine (they/she) (queenofhalves) wrote in _massagetherapy,
'stine (they/she)
queenofhalves
_massagetherapy

exams

hi all!

i'm about to finish a 500-hour program at the lauterstein-conway school of massage in austin, texas. the state recently changed the laws relating to massage therapy and did away with its state exam. i have the option to take either the ncbtmb or mblex to get licensed.

i'm leaning towards the mblex because i've heard so much about annoying natcert politics, their propensity for losing people's applications, and the fact that i don't feel prepared for the asian bodywork questions on their exam. all the topics listed on the mblex are familiar to me, on the other hand.

are there any compelling reasons to take the ncbtmb instead? (i don't really care about being able to put "nationally certified" on my marketing.)

also, does anyone know of a good study guide for the mblex?

thanks!
Tags: national exam, ncbtmb
Subscribe

• Arizona licensure/laws

Can anyone point me in the direction of the licensing laws in Arizona, or if anyone is familiar with them here? Just wondering if I would need to…

• I'm Certifiable

Well, I took my NCBTMB Exam today. My appointment was at 11am, but as suggested arrived 30 minutes early. I arrived at 10:30 as instructed, upon…

• NCBTMB Certification

After being out of school since March 28th (April 4th if you count the review class we are required to attend) I finally received my letter from the…

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 3 comments