HEFNERSBUNNY is now (totheleft) wrote in _marriedlife_,
HEFNERSBUNNY is now
totheleft
_marriedlife_

jealousy of non-exes?

When I was 10 years old, my parents seperated and my dad became roommates w/ another single dad. His roommate's kids were a girl 3 years younger than me and a boy 3 months younger than me. We all became fast friends, spending entire weekends together as we grew up, being together constantly, going on vacations together, etc. We were practically related.. like cousins or something.

Fast forward 10 years, and in a stupid moment, the "boy" who was recently seperated from his girlfriend and I kissed. No big deal - nothing more happened. They had seperated because she cheated on him. They got back together, he told her he had kissed me, and she forbade him from ever speaking to me again. When my father later died, he was not "allowed" to attend the funeral (although his father did). He did not speak to me for 6 years. They just seperated lsat month - and he immediately reached back out to me. (She cheated during the relationship apparently, as did he).

They got in a very heated conversation this evening while we were out talking**, and it got me to thinking:

-Does your spouse ask you not to speak to friends of the same sex? Are you "allowed" to be acquaintances with exes, people you may have once hooked up with but were generally friends with, etc?

My husband has NO issues with this guy, at all. Because to me, this guy was just one of my past best friends - practically family - from my childhood (other than our not speaking for 6 years.. douche). But to this guy's girlfriend, I am the spawn of satan. She is SO threatened by me that she didn't let him go to my dad's FUNERAL.

If your spouse was to "forbid" something like this, what would you do? Are my husband and I crazy for not having an issue with it ( he has past sexual partners I have no issue with, and vice versa, so this silly "kiss" from a kid I've known since childhood means nothing to him), or would this be  an issue in your relationship?

(**if you're interested in the drama, when she found out he was with me, she promptly sent him 10 texts in a row saying that she was going to go out and sleep with any man she could find, he could never see her child again, fuck him, he's an asshole, blah blah blah. I was stunned, considering I've never met this girl and wasn't just some random bar hookup.. and they're seperated and she's moving out of his house next Friday.)

ANYWAY, just curious.

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 83 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt