Augustus Rookwood (rabid_rookwood) wrote in _marauders_map,
Augustus Rookwood
rabid_rookwood
_marauders_map

WHO: Gusty and Cissa

WHAT: Discuss tutoring.

WHERE: In the Common Room with a candlestick.

:: Brennan and Rookwood :: says:
Augustus let out a loud yawn and looked around the common room. He needed a distraction from his latest Charms essay, but there was not a pretty girl in sight. Or Evan, for that matter. Was he still working on the Egg project with his whore? "Blah." He said aloud.

525,600 minutes. says:
Narcissa hadn't exactly been feeling... er, smart as of recently. She'd usually at least made some small effort to keep her marks up as it kept her feeling like she wasn't destined to simply be an idiot of a trophy wife. However... recently? She'd been a bit distracted by German boys and the Carrows boy... and they'd been slipping. In fact, she was majorly lost when it came to a lot of things. This was what the girl was thinking about as she made her way down to the common room and spotted Augustus. Or, rather, she spotted her solution. Making her way over towards where the boy her sister had ripped the heart out of, she offered a small grin. "Augustus Rookwood."

Augustus turned his attention towards her and raised a dark eyebrow. After a moment, where he liberally checked the young girl out, he looked back at his notes. "Narcissa Black."

525,600 minutes. says:
Narcissa seated herself on the couch in a rather dainty manner before offering a hopeful grin. "How do you feel about the word 'tutor'?" She asked after a few moments of sitting and watching the boy look at his notes.

A smirk crept onto Augustus' face as he determinedly stared at a page of notes. Again and again. It was hard to concentrate with the blonde girl so close. "I've seen how your relationships with your 'tutors' end up, darling." He said smoothly. As if to prove this, the infamous picture of her and Severus magically appeared from the recesses of his book. "Perhaps I'm not the best choice."

525,600 minutes. says:
Her eyes were immediately drawn to the book. A tinge of pink was immediately drawn to her face. Narcissa placed her hands in her lap, folding them together and taking a few moments to breath before talking again. "As much as I would love to end in that scenario with you," Narcissa said quietly, with a bit of sarcasm. "I need an actual tutor... and you do seem to be a good choice." Watching Augustus, she waited for a reaction from the boy, hopeful it would be one that might be... a bit positive towards the situation? As she didn't quite know who else to ask. Unless she asked Severus Snape... and she didn't think she could do that after seeing that picture just then.

"Hmm," Augustus chuckled and banished the picture until the next time it might be deemed useful. He stretched, closed his book, and turned his icy blue eyes back to her. "I'll expect a payment of some sort..." He explained casually, "And since you're no longer offering... well..." His eyes drifted down to her chest and he smirked. "I'm sure you have the money?"

525,600 minutes. says:
Narcissa glared at him for a moment, "I would not offer -that- for tutoring. I'm not a whore, Augustus." She informed him quietly, before raising an eyebrow at his question. "I'm a Black. I suppose I could somehow manage to scrounge up a few galleons for your time... I mean, I'm dirt poor and all, but sure, I'll try and find something." She wasn't normally so sarcastic, was she? Perhaps she was in a bitter mood... or perhaps she was simply feeling the bitterness towards Bellatrix still for leaving them for this boy inches away from her. Either way, she wasn't exactly in the best mood possible. "Of course I have the ability to pay you," Narcissa told him firmly.

"Oh? You aren't?" Augustus let out a dramatic sigh, as though terribly disappointed. He wasn't, really. This girl was Bella's younger sister, and nothing more. "Well, I suppose I can accept cash." He flashed her a somewhat creepy smile. "What do you need help in?"

525,600 minutes. says:
Narcissa gave a small shrug. "Anything... everything, maybe?" It wasn't as if she'd done a spectacular job keeping her marks up as of yet... Augustus Rookwood was a bit unsettling, wasn't he? She thought as she looked away for a moment. Leaning against the back of the couch, she considered it. "Defense Against the Dark Arts, perhaps, the most." It wasn't one of the classes she found particularly great... not that she hated it, mind, just... that she often found dozing a better way to spend that time.

Augustus let out a thoughtful "hmm," and looked down at his notes. There wasn't anything of use on them, of course, but he didn't like to focus on one thing or person for too long. "Defense Against the Dark Arts isn't my best subject. Your brooding spit-buddy might be more help to you..." He smirked again, "but I can try. What else?"

525,600 minutes. says:
She narrowed her eyes at the boy a few moments before realizing that perhaps that was not the best idea when you were asking someone for a favor... with a sigh, she named off the rest of her classes and gave him an innocent shrug. "I've been a bit... er, let's say.. lax when it comes to my marks the last few months."

"Ohh, Narcissa..." Augustus took the opportunity to shake his head and waggle a finger at her. "I'm disappointed in you. You'll find that there's much more to your years of adolescence than sexual activity."

525,600 minutes. says:
She held back a snarl, as she really was feeling the primal urge of it coming on. "Says the boy who ran away from school for said sexual activity," Narcissa told him sharply, perhaps a bit too annoyed to realize this was a spectacularly bad idea?

Augustus' rather perverse smirk twisted into an expression of pain. He once again averted his gaze and shrugged. "That wasn't about sexual activity." He said darkly, before clearing his throat. "So... we seem to have quite a lot of work to do. When would you like to start studying?"

525,600 minutes. says:
"Er, now?" Narcissa said with a hopeful look. After all... she DID have quite a bit to go. Granted, the boy might be busy at the moment... but perhaps the idea of earning some gold would be more important than his current worries. With a mental shrug, she waited for a response.

"Now?" Augustus made a face and shrugged his shoulders. "I suppose I could... work on this later." He said, more to himself then her, as he put away his notes for his Charms essay.

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 0 comments