?

No account? Create an account

02 April 2008 @ 03:01 pm
help!  
Does anyone know of a place other than Screencap-Paradise for Buffy screencaps? Firefox hates it, and I'm slightly annoyed by the random resizing and minimizing of all of my windows...

ETA: Thanks to Karla ba4ever (I kiss your feet!) for reminding me about the Firefox extension IE Tab. Silly me had it all along but I suppose it takes a superior brain to know to actually use it. If you're having the same problems as I am, I'd suggest downloading that extension; it fixed everything for me :)

Also, I figured I'd pile the links you guys gave me here, just for kicks ;)

thirdhex has caps HERE
Freeze Frame Network
Buffy Network
Leave Me The White

Thanks girls - if you want any icons in return, go ahead and ask. I can do mini movies if you give me a youtube link ;)

DestructoGirl: Booth - Double 0 SECKS!ba4ever on April 2nd, 2008 08:46 pm (UTC)
Whaddya mean? I use them both and no probs...or is this new?
erithegreat on April 2nd, 2008 08:49 pm (UTC)
It fucking resizes and centers my firefox window any time I click ANYTHING on the fucking site. The more I click the more it resizes and recenters and ja;lsdkfja;lksajdf. It's the most annoying thing I've ever experienced.

Also; not new, actually! It's been happening to me ever since I started using the site...

Edited at 2008-04-02 09:24 pm (UTC)
DestructoGirlba4ever on April 2nd, 2008 09:51 pm (UTC)
Hm..strange.

SP HATES you.
Courier Six: billie¦I am a moth who justs wants towatchpoint on April 2nd, 2008 09:11 pm (UTC)
I've had that same problem with that site. I've found that if I wait for the page to load without going to a new tab the resizing doesn't happen.
erithegreat on April 2nd, 2008 09:12 pm (UTC)
No fair! Mine used to be that way but for the past couple days as soon as the main page even loads, Firefox spazzes out. :(
DestructoGirl: Angelus smokin'ba4ever on April 2nd, 2008 09:53 pm (UTC)
Have you tried just getting the IE plug in so you can switch the rendering if need be?
erithegreat on April 3rd, 2008 01:25 am (UTC)
Now it's my turn to hump your leg. I don't know why I hadn't thought to use it for S-P before!!!
HUMPHUMPHUMP
DestructoGirlba4ever on April 3rd, 2008 01:50 am (UTC)
Karla for the win!
the keeper of the wolf vodkaspuzz on April 2nd, 2008 11:11 pm (UTC)
ThirdHex has screencaps from a large number of episodes.

Freeze Frame Network is a site that houses a large number of other sites that host caps.

Hope that's helpful.
erithegreat on April 3rd, 2008 01:28 am (UTC)
Thank you! Those sites are great. I remember freezeframe from forever ago but I didn't realize how much thirdhex had done! Mucho help!
Joshblueymcphluey on April 3rd, 2008 01:47 am (UTC)
oh, I know exactly how you feel. That site drives me completely insane. Sorry I don't have any helpful links, though.
erithegreat on April 3rd, 2008 02:48 pm (UTC)
I updated my post with my personal fix, and the links provided here if you wanna check everything out ;)
Nicoletwolefts on April 3rd, 2008 02:47 am (UTC)
God I'm right there with you. Can't freaking stand it. Anyway Buffy Network has a bunch of caps.
erithegreat on April 3rd, 2008 02:44 pm (UTC)
Thanks, I've gotten SP to work now (see my post) but I love having a lot of variety too. :)
frontyaseminla: [btvs] Running up that hillfrontyardninja on April 3rd, 2008 05:17 am (UTC)
I haven't iconned buffy in ages :(
erithegreat on April 3rd, 2008 02:46 pm (UTC)
Me neither! I was never very good at it, but I wanted to give it a go again just to see if I can come up with anything new...
CrystalSC: bangel -heaven's deadcrystalsc on April 3rd, 2008 01:26 pm (UTC)
Leave Me The White has them. A lj'er owns that site but I can't remember her name.
erithegreat on April 3rd, 2008 02:45 pm (UTC)
Thanks! I found it so hard to believe that only one site had screencaps of Buffy - the show is EPIC, you know?