?

Log in

No account? Create an account
News And Convo About Love, Truth, And Censorsed Info - Share Your Thoughts Here
AWBC deletes their Riseup.net account because of riseup prejudice, authoritarianism, and vanguardis 
16th-Oct-2007 01:15 pm
hugs
AWBC Deleted Their Riseup.net email list and Email Account Because of Riseup.net's Increasing Prejudice, Authoritarianism, and Vanguardism


Dear Jessi,

If your collective has a complaint form, we ask that a member of your collective, other than you, please send it because your racial harassment is proven beyond question.

Your website states:

"We value, support, and engage in struggles for human liberation, the ethical treatment of animals, and ecological sustainability. We join in the fight for freedom and the self-determination of all oppressed groups. We oppose all forms of prejudice, authoritarianism, and vanguardism. "

It is you and riseup.net who have oppressed our group by your authoritarian and vanguard actions.

#1.  In your below email you stated your were "confused", then demanded that we take action based on your confusion and that you required the action to be completed before your confusion was clear, then you deleted our emails before we answered your email.  We've had an email list with you since March 2004, and yet you delete 1/3 of our email list based on your confusion and racism after only receiving one email from us?

Here are several definitions of racism:

"Some sociologists have defined racism as a system of group privilege. In Portraits of White Racism David Wellman (1993) has defined racism as "culturally sanctioned beliefs, which, regardless of intentions involved, defend the advantages whites have because of the subordinated position of racial minorities,” (Wellman 1993: x). Sociologists Noel Cazenave and Darlene Alvarez Maddern define racism as “...a highly organized system of 'race'-based group privilege that operates at every level of society and is held together by a sophisticated ideology of color/'race' supremacy. Racist systems include, but cannot be reduced to, racial bigotry,”

You suggested that we, a multiriacial alliance building peace conference, host our email list elsewhere, and thus we have deleted all of our archives and our account with you as our entire collective believes that your actions were without question an act of blatant racism in that your organization used your advantages of white power and privilege to delete over 1/3 of our email list before your self-admitted confusion was cleared up.

Yes, it was an actual domain.  We owned it.  Unfortunately, unlike riseup.net we don't have your financial privileges so we could no longer afford it.  Now that riseup.net is doing random unwarranted searches of email list accounts, and interrogating activists, and scrutinizing email lists and counting email addresses on activist email lists, you have severely violated the privacy which was actually the only reasons remaining why we stayed with riseup.net.

You say that you are offended by our factual statement that riseup.net doesn't deliver emails.  That statement was made based on what our email list members tell us and validated by statements from your own website.

Here are just a few of the countless statements from your website regarding your email list in less than year's time:

blocked by yahoo!
October 3, 2007, 12:19 pm
We are being blocked by yahoo.com. This has caused a massive backlog of undelivered mail. We are working to resolve the yahoo block, and get all the mail delivered.

lists are down
September 24, 2007, 8:39 am
very sorry but the list machine has gone down, we are working on fixing it, delivery will resume when it returns

again with the power outage
September 16, 2007, 4:49 pm
Once more with feeling! Back up now, and we think this time everything will stay up.

power outage
September 16, 2007, 11:46 am
All the riseup servers lost power this morning. We are working hard to get everything running again.

mail.riseup.net certificates updated
September 8, 2007, 12:12 pm
please see help.riseup.net/security/certificates to verify the fingerprint

brief attack
September 4, 2007, 10:17 pm
indymedia.org and riseup.net were down for a few hours today from a Distributed Denial of Service attack, but everything has calmed down now.

outage over
September 3, 2007, 5:51 pm
hardware problem fixed!

mail server is currently down
September 2, 2007, 9:53 am
half of all riseup mail is currently down as we fix one of the mail storage servers. It should be another hour before it comes back up.

lists down today
August 11, 2007, 10:16 am
we are doing an upgrade, sorry for any incovnenience

squirrelmail plugin update
August 11, 2007, 8:19 am
the address complete plugin was disabled until we determine the cause of a problem related to it

squirrelmail downgrade
July 27, 2007, 9:41 am
Squirrelmail version 1.5 has proved to be a disaster. We have downgraded squirrelmail to version 1.4.10a, which should be much more stable and include features users have been missing.

minor maintenance today
June 30, 2007, 1:07 pm
if your login failed, try again!
list machine fixed

June 19, 2007, 12:46 am
We have replaced the component we think was causing the problems. Lists should now be catching up.
list hardware is dying

June 18, 2007, 9:31 pm
We are in the process of moving to backup hardware.

lists having some problems
June 18, 2007, 9:47 am
we are working on a fix.

shell access
May 18, 2007, 12:31 am
shell access is working again. you can now enable shell access by visiting user.riseup.net
database connection problem fixed

May 17, 2007, 5:39 pm
sorry for the problems, primary database corruption earlier today, everything ok now

login problems?
May 13, 2007, 12:43 pm
there were some login problems this morning, that has been fixed

comcast block removed
May 12, 2007, 2:38 pm
the block was removed on wednesday
comcast blocking riseup mails again

May 9, 2007, 1:21 pm
expected resolution 24-48 hours

comcast is blocking riseup
Sat, 09 Dec 2006 00:16:42 +0100
Comcast is blocking riseup again, but this time they claim that they are not! We are trying to figure out how to convince them that they really
are blocking us.

list delivery delayed
Sat, 02 Dec 2006 21:00:46 +0100
List delivery was delayed this morning. We are now catching up with the backlog.

comcast block gone
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:13:51 +0100
comcast replies and says they aren't blocking us

comcast block is back
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:09:41 +0100
whats up with these people?

comcast block is lifted
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 00:30:51 +0100
we don't know why comcast decided to start blocking us, but we have gotten them to stop.

mail is back up
Sat, 11 Nov 2006 18:07:54 +0100
we had some bad memory, but it was replaced last night"


Again, if your collective has a complaint form, we ask that a member of your collective, other than you, please send it because your racial harassment is proven beyond question.

It is a disgrace that 21,000 dollars of people's donations goes to your stipends out of the 35,600 donated to you so that you can oppress groups like the AWBC who make nothing in stipends.  If  you really cared about justice, you would use those funds to provide an email service or list that works instead of giving yourselves stipends of over 50%.

  Just in case that also offends you, it was found here: http://help.riseup.net/about-us/budget




Love, Solidarity and end to Racism

-A World Beyond Capitalism Conference
The Third Annual International Multiracial Alliance Building Peace Conference





On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:09:11 -0700, "jessib" <helptickets@riseup.net>
said:
> https://user.riseup.net/ticket/848056
>
> Hi.
>
> We are somewhat confused by your message.   We would
> appreciate if you could remove those emails, as it is an actual domain.
>
> Riseup is an all-volunteer collective, and we are proud of the service we
> provide. Honestly, I'm offended by your statement that:
>
> #2. SO many people won't ever subscribe to our email list because they
> are aware that riseup email lists don't deliver emails.
>
> If you find our services to be so lacking, why don't you host your list
> elsewhere?
>
> -jessi



AWBC deleted their Riseup.net account because of riseup prejudice, authoritarianism, and vanguardism

This page was loaded Sep 22nd 2019, 3:36 am GMT.